Bitdefender Services are not responding

13»

Comments

• Bitdefender now seems to be working for me, but Windows Defender Security Center keeps popping up with a warning saying that Firewall & Network Protection are off. It refers me back to the Bitdefender control board, which says that the firewall is working. What, if anything, do I need to do?

This has only been an issue since my Bitdefender went down entirely for several hours this morning.

• I finally solved the problem on my computer running Windows 10 (64-bit). I have  BD Antivirus Plus 2018. I went to do a complete uninstall and reinstall of the program. Before the uninstall process began, the program asked if I wanted to just do a reinstall. I chose 'yes.' BD proceeded to do a complete uninstall, which required a reboot of the computer to complete. After rebooting the computer, the uninstall completed and the reinstallation picked right up. The installation went so smooth that all my settings were maintained, my expire date was correct, etc. I then did an 'update' which took about 15 minutes. When it finished updating, I had a perfectly functioning BD program. Hope this works for everyone else. Good luck.

• Marius G.
    Marius G. QA Engineer BD Staff

/index.php?/profile/213167-writer/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="213167" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/213167-writer/" id="ips_uid_8179_9" rel="">@Writer Please restart your device once again, and check if Windows Defender Security Center reports the correct information. Otherwise, please proceed with a reinstall (Go to Apps and Features -> Click on your Bitdefender -> Uninstall -> Reinstall). Please export your Bitdefender wallet if you have one before proceeding with the reinstall:

https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/answer/2108/

• funraker
    edited February 2018

1 hour ago, Marius G. said:

/index.php?/profile/213167-writer/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="213167" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/213167-writer/" rel="">@Writer Please restart your device once again, and check if Windows Defender Security Center reports the correct information. Otherwise, please proceed with a reinstall (Go to Apps and Features -> Click on your Bitdefender -> Uninstall -> Reinstall). Please export your Bitdefender wallet if you have one before proceeding with the reinstall:

Marius...upon rebooting my system, I'm now back to the same problem! I can't get into Bitdefender to uninstall/reinstall per your instructions. I have to use a third party uninstaller to start the process like I did before, but, is that going to do any good? Do you know what's going on and what the permanent solution is to this?

UPDATE: After posting the above, I turned my computer off for several minutes. I rebooted. This time Bitdefender allowed me to open it and sign in. Walah. I tried another update. It did. I rebooted and everything was working fine. Just to make sure, I restarted my computer yet again, and everything is running great. I'm to the point where I don't care about the "why" anymore; I'm just glad things are back to normal. Thanks for your helpful suggestions.

• 4 hours ago, Marius G. said:

/index.php?/profile/213167-writer/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="213167" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/213167-writer/" rel="">@Writer Please restart your device once again, and check if Windows Defender Security Center reports the correct information. Otherwise, please proceed with a reinstall (Go to Apps and Features -> Click on your Bitdefender -> Uninstall -> Reinstall). Please export your Bitdefender wallet if you have one before proceeding with the reinstall:

Solved !! Thank you. :D

• 12 hours ago, shahram-b said:

Respectfully, today my BIS 2018 suddenly faced an error telling me ," Bitdefender Security has encountered a critical error" as my PC remained without protection, its sceenshot are not allowed to post here!!!! restating the PC was useless and I had to uninstall and reinstall again my BIS 2018 5, now it seem that it is working well but I must fear that it repeat again and again like before, 5 month ago for several weeks I had this problem , as , the BItdefender had created me a nerve war, including Bitdefender 2017 and -2016, this is my question when the bitdefender is going to end this bug problems??