Windows 10 Bitdefender firewall disabled

Hello, I noticed that my windows 10's Windows Defender Security Center shows "Action needed" in the firewall & network protection section. Apparently, my bitdefender firewall is disabled according to  windows security. Although when I check my bitdefender, I see my firewall is turned on so I'm not sure if its on or off. Is there a solution to this problem?

Comments

• It's a nagging timing thing during bootup.  If you log immediately into windows you will get that security notification message.  Your firewall and anti-virus are enabled and working.  The way I fixed the problem was that I waited a minute or so before I logged into windows which gave the modules and services time to start their processes and you won't see the notification.  It's annoying I know and retarded but that is the fix I found that eliminated the notification error.  I would get the error once in a while once I started to delay logging into windows.  Hope that is helpful!

• 3 hours ago, Jay-Z said:

It's a nagging timing thing during bootup.  If you log immediately into windows you will get that security notification message.  Your firewall and anti-virus are enabled and working.  The way I fixed the problem was that I waited a minute or so before I logged into windows which gave the modules and services time to start their processes and you won't see the notification.  It's annoying I know and retarded but that is the fix I found that eliminated the notification error.  I would get the error once in a while once I started to delay logging into windows.  Hope that is helpful!

Thanks for the reply!  I will open some time before I login next time and see if it works out for me! So is it just a notification bug? As long as the firewall and antivirus are working then I'm not too worried.

• It's a Bitdefender bug I believe one of the support people said with the 2019 version.  If memory serves it had something to do with how fast the software loads and runs at startup and for some reason this version has some sort of delay or something.  Add more minutes to your logon delay if it doesn't work for you.  My routine with this was to turn my PC on; Go to the bathroom; take my medication and come back to my computer room and wait a minute or so on top of the minutes doing those other tasks and then login to windows.  The notification error went away.  I'm using Windows 7 so you might not have to wait as long as I did before logging onto windows.

I know the delay works because someone else posted the same problem about a month or so ago and when they waited they didn't see the error again.  The notification error is annoying but so you know that once all the modules and services startup that Bitdefender is working and running normally.  you are protected.  More of a nuisance thing I found.

• Here was the thread of the other user with the problem if it is identical to yours:

/index.php?/topic/79835-not-compatible-with-windows-10-version-1809/&tab=comments&do=embed&comment=285945&embedComment=285945&embedDo=findComment#comment-285945" style="height:265px;max-width:502px;">

• Hi, 

An update for this was released in Bitdefender build 23.0.11.48 . If the issue is still occurring for anyone, please let us know. 

To check the installed build, please follow these steps:

-  right click on the Bitdefender icon in the system tray (near the clock) 

- choose About

• On 10/29/2018 at 6:24 AM, Sergiu C. said:

Hi, 

An update for this was released in Bitdefender build 23.0.11.48 . If the issue is still occurring for anyone, please let us know. 

To check the installed build, please follow these steps:

-  right click on the Bitdefender icon in the system tray (near the clock) 

- choose About

The issue is still occurring on my end. Bitdefender 2019, 23.0.11.48, checked for updates, restarted multiple times, Windows 10, still no luck. "Actions needed in Bitdefender Firewall".

• 11 hours ago, sortajan said:

The issue is still occurring on my end. Bitdefender 2019, 23.0.11.48, checked for updates, restarted multiple times, Windows 10, still no luck. "Actions needed in Bitdefender Firewall".

Got the same problem still

• 14 hours ago, sortajan said:

2 hours ago, Vetle said:

Got the same problem still

Hello, 

It would be best if you tried with the latest build 23.0.14.61

As the build has not yet been released to 100% of our users, the quickest way to install the latest version would be to reinstall Bitdefender: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/answer/13429/

If the issue persists with the latest build, we would need a few logs to investigate, I'd appreciate if you could then reach us at bitsy@bitdefender.com as it would be easier to handle this through our support platform. 

Thank you!

• You mention in video to Check Box "Show General Rules" but this option is not available in new version, so how to add incoming Remote Desktop Connection???

• seran34
    edited November 2018

11 hours ago, seran34 said:

You mention in video to Check Box "Show General Rules" but this option is not available in new version, so how to add incoming Remote Desktop Connection Whatsapp Messenger Hotstar

This discussion has been closed.