Atcuf32.dll error message re bad image

Windows 10 updated itself yesterday (I can't now stop it!) and now I am getting windows error messages saying "Bad Image" and that the atcuf32.dll file in the Bitdefender folder is not a windows file or is corrupted.

Anyone seen this before? Any idea how I stop it?

Comments

• Hello /index.php?/profile/213786-george-gray/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="213786" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/213786-george-gray/" rel="">@George Gray,

The issue you reported has been fixed in the latest version. Please follow these steps:

1. Uninstall Bitdefender by using the tools from the links below:

https://www.bitdefender.com/files/KnowledgeBase/file/Bitdefender_2019_Uninstall_Tool.exe

2. Install Bitdefender by following the steps from the article below:

https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/answer/28558/

Thank you!

• Thanks Anisoara.

I followed your instructions.

After running the Removal Tool I had a message that uninstall had finished but "with errors" and it said I should contact Bitdefender Control.

I then ran the file that downloads the 2020 programme. This seemed to install well and the bad image error messages have stopped.

However if I go into My Account it says the device is "at risk" and asks me to download the installation file again! It is as though it realises that I have uninstalled the 2019 programmes but hasn't realised that i have installed the 2020 programme. Is there a fix for this?

• 16 hours ago, George Gray said:

Thanks Anisoara.

I followed your instructions.

After running the Removal Tool I had a message that uninstall had finished but "with errors" and it said I should contact Bitdefender Control.

I then ran the file that downloads the 2020 programme. This seemed to install well and the bad image error messages have stopped.

However if I go into My Account it says the device is "at risk" and asks me to download the installation file again! It is as though it realises that I have uninstalled the 2019 programmes but hasn't realised that i have installed the 2020 programme. Is there a fix for this?

Hello George Gray,

If I understood correctly, do you want to install back 2019 instead of 2020 version. If yes, I would like to inform you that Bitdefender 2019 cannot be installed instead of 2020 version.

Please send us a screenshot with the notification.

• No I don't want to go back to 2019. I want to know why in Bitdefender Central it says the Windows 10 laptop I upgraded to Bitdefender 2020 is at risk. Yet the Bitdefender Application on the laptop says it is safe.  Which message is correct!

• On 9/26/2019 at 3:02 PM, George Gray said:

No I don't want to go back to 2019. I want to know why in Bitdefender Central it says the Windows 10 laptop I upgraded to Bitdefender 2020 is at risk. Yet the Bitdefender Application on the laptop says it is safe.  Which message is correct!

Please send us a screenshot with the Bitdefender interface and a screenshot with the message from your Central account. Please expand the notification before taking the screenshot.

• On 9/27/2019 at 1:12 PM, Roxana G said:

Please send us a screenshot with the Bitdefender interface and a screenshot with the message from your Central account. Please expand the notification before taking the screenshot.

On 9/27/2019 at 1:12 PM, Roxana G said:

I have sorted the problem out. I uninstalled Bitdefender Internet Security 2020 using the uninstall tool then reinstalled it. 

• Hello,

We're glad to hear that the situation is now solved!

Thread locked.

This discussion has been closed.