Bitdefender Tools - Don't restart your computer

On the Bitdefender Tools page, I get the attached message advising me not to restart my computer.

BitDefender doesn't actually appear to be doing anything though. What should I do?

BitDefender Tools.png

Comments

• Hello andersh, have you solved the mystery? default_happy.png

How do you mean "BitDefender doesn't actually appear to be doing anything" ? Have you checked on process list, cpu ram usage etc. ?

• Hello,

Please ensure the machine is clean of any other security solutions and your Windows account has full Administrator privileges.

Run the Bitdefender Uninstall Tool to clean the machine and do a fresh reinstall from Central.

http://www.bitdefender.com/uninstall

• andersh
    edited May 2017

Hi, Alternator, not solved, but yes I did check Task Manager. It showed the myriad of BitDefender processes all at 0%, with the odd tick now and then to 0.1% or 0.2%. It's still the same now. Despite the warning not to restart, doing so doesn't appear to have had any effect. For all I know that message has been there for ages.

I'll try the reinstall then, thanks. No other anti-virus installed.

• I've had the same issue- says tools updating don't reboot.  I just installed. No legacy security apps. Running Windows 7.  Nothing complex on my machine.  No other excuses except that your software has a bug.  Your casual suggestion that users just uninstall and reinstall is offensive.  As if I installed your software so that I could spend my day uninstalling and reinstalling.  How about you debug your software before you sell it to people.  That solution would work well for me.  Thanks for wasting my valuable weekend hours instead of providing what was supposed to be excellent software.  Now you are just like every other software provider.  Long on hype and lacking in execution.  Congrats.  Maybe your level three tech support can get involved and ask me if I"ve tried rebooting.  I hope the experience gets better from here.

• I just noticed there was a new alert on within BitDefender. It said something like a restart required to install an update. It was dated a few days ago, and there was the same alert even older. I restart my computer on at least a daily basis. However, what I did this time was expand the BD alert and click the restart button within there.

Now BitDefender Tools is working. I can't be certain this wasn't a coincidence, but the do not restart message is very unhelpful if it's telling me the exact opposite of what I needed to do!

• thanks for sharing the information.

<a href="http://utsav-pedia.com/">utsav pedia</a>