Suggest Description of VPN Product

ntman1
ntman1
edited January 2022 in VPN

I would like to make a suggestion that more detail of the unlimited VPN offering be given. Specifically, number of nodes, countries the nodes are located, type of encryption, can we choose nodes (which countries), etc. If we had that information it would help in making a decision to use it. I apologize if I have missed this information while looking at the VPN information currently published.

Comments

• flandrei
    flandrei Bitdefender VPN Product Manager BD Staff
    edited April 2020

Good evening and thank you for posting!

You have a very good point and we do plan on revamping all our materials on VPN soon.

Until then here are some details which add a bit of clarity:

• There are more than 1000 VPN servers in over 30 countries around the world and the Premium subscription offers unlimited traffic as well as the possibility to connect to any of these countries
    • For the moment we do not offer the possibility to choose a specific server from a certain country
    • Encryption protocols vary depending on the platform, for example on Windows and Android we rely on the suite of cyphers available in OpenSSL which is probably the most vetted and widely used in the market right now.

Hope these help!

• Thanks so much for that information.

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod
    edited May 2020

Hi Member,

This is Flex (beta tester for 2019 & 2020 Bitdefender products)

To narrow it down, Bitdefender uses VPN engine of HotSpot Shield.

To share your feedback you can write directly to Bitdefender support team at bitsy@bitdefender.com

If this helps, kindly click on agree.

Regards

Flex

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)