Bit Defender blocking windows update KB4574727

Windows latest update KB4574727 is blocked from updating Windows by BD. I get the messages:

Antivirus

The file \Device\HarddiskVolume2\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download\9e0ac098b282aa922e874fe9c2e52396_ctc\Windows10.0-KB4574727-x64.cab is infected with Trojan.Ciusky.Gen.13. The threat has been successfully blocked, your device is safe.

Ransomware Remediation

The process C:\Windows\WinSxS\amd64_microsoft-windows-servicingstack_31bf3856ad364e35_10.0.18362.1073_none_171f6eef2a0feed0\TiWorker.exe manifests ransomware behavior and was blocked. Your files have been protected from being altered.

I have tried both through Windows Update and by downloading the file from Microsoft and trying a manual install, both with the same result.

Any ideas?

BD Total Security

Build 24.0.26.137

7/31/20

Comments

• Experiencing the same, went to reddit first with it. Seems bitdefender is not happy with this update.

• I have had the same issue, i just deleted the update for now and will try later.

• I ran into the same issue yesterday, found an old link (2016) on forum, in German, mentioning the same virus name.

Seems like it is a false positive, now waiting on finding out more, before I do anything. It's on my W10Home machine, so I delayed updates on my W10Pro machine, and have not seen anything yet there.

Waiting on BD... Impatiently...

• lol.....I once remember Bitdefender flagging all Windows dll files as malware. way back in 2010 I think.

This company will never learn from their mistakes.

• TaxiMagicien42
    TaxiMagicien42 Defender of the month ✭✭✭✭

TaxiMagicien42

WIndows 11 Home 23H2

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X 6-Core Processor 3.70 GHz

Bitdefender Premium Security Plus

• I'm surprised and disappointed that BD has not responded here, but according to other sources have issued a new update, whitelisting the W10 KB4574727...

• Hello everyone!

We have acknowledged and resolved the false positive detection. Now you should be able to update to Windows 10 KB4574727.

In the meantime, we would like to thank you all for your patience, as we understand the impact that such a situation can create.

Kindly reply to this thread if the error still persists on your device after updating Bitdefender.

• My computer is still affected. Have tried updating BD then restarting the computer with no result.

• Tried again today (Saturday) and still no joy. Whatever fix you applied to BD still doesn't work for me. I no longer get any BD messages when attempting the update, it just fails to install.

Any ideas?

• I just turned Bitdefender off and then did the update. Of course, that might not be wise and turning Bitdefender off is hard because there is no single switch. It should be fixed by Bitdefender but my experience with other antivirus packages is that they all do strange things at times.

• how do u switch it off @GPY

• Firecapt
    Firecapt ✭✭✭
    edited September 2020

UnusualSky,

Go to this link and follow the instructions:

Let me know if it works, didn't work for me.

• Bonjour ,

Très déçus de bitdefender , j'ai acheté l'anti virus total security le 26 octobre 2020 .

Impossible de recevoir le code pour débloquer l'anti virus .

Impossible des joindre ni par mail , ni par téléphone .

Ils sont là juste pour vendre , et prendre l'argent.