Can't Install Paid Version on Galaxy S10

XLADLK
XLADLK
edited January 2022 in Mobile Security

I used the link in BD Central from my laptop to send the AV installation invite to my Android phone. But when I start the installation link, it quickly comes up with "Free trial has expired" which is true, I tried it many months ago and uninstalled it. I have the paid service on my laptop with a couple of unused devices left but I can't get the phone to link up with it.

I can get into BD Settings in the phone app where it asks for an activation code but I thought that was in the download link I used for installation and I don't see another one. I've tried working this issue from both BD Central on laptop and app on phone and not getting anywhere and need some help. How do I get past the free trial notification and link my paid subscription?

Thanks

Answers

• Adriana_S
    Adriana_S Bitdefender Product Manager BD Staff

Hi @XLADLK ,

If you have free slots on your subscription, everything should work smoothly. Is there any chance that you don't actually have a subscription that covers all platforms, but one that's simply dedicated for Windows devices?

Bitdefender Total Security, Bitdefender Family Pack or Bitdefender Premium Security should cover all device types such as Windows, mac, Android and iOS. If you have Bitdefender Antivirus Plus or Internet Security, then it's dedicated for Windows.