Full system scan

I recently took my laptop in for service (RAM upgrade) and found when I got it back that the OS had been reinstalled. I have two acct.s on this computer an Admin acct. and my acct. both password protected with different pass words. I updated Windows and did a full system scan with Bitdefender from my acct. and it came back clean except there were 19 files that could not be scanned because of the password protection. I tried to find the scan log in a folder name "Containers" the Containers folder is not there. Show Hidden Files and Folders is checked. So I took the password off my acct. and did a full scan from the admin acct. and the same 19 folders showed up as not scanned. There was a message in red to the effect that "These Files are Administered by my Organization", I am in the hidden Admin Acct. there's no higher authority. This bugs me in that the laptop was out of my hands for 4-5 days and I am going to load QuickBooks next. Question is why is my containers folder not there and is there another way to find the path to these files? I have tried Passware Encryption Analyzer and it gets hung up on file 62,752 and sat there for two days a restart and a second attempt ended in the same.

Is it possible for me to create the folder "Containers", will the logs be store as they should without any disruption to Windows?

Thanks

Answers

• Hello,

This thread is 6 days old but your response is well placed, as I have had time resolve my original query "are these files a threat". yes this is a concern, as I have had some other problems, however they were all with QuickBooks so easily dismissed as that is QuickBooks. Weather the installation is complete and correctly installed? Time will tell. I have resolved the security issue, there is no "Containers" folder in Windows 10 and the path stated 'Go To' is only in mac. I had tried to locate them with another program which did not work but was able to locate them later through my Bitdefender and I found they were either legit program files or files on an external HD that were created using an ancient monitor calibration software called "Prove it", they were totally anal about their proprietary Rights, it was an exported color profile attached to each shot. The second part is left up in the air, I would like a clean OS install to be sure all is right but I am not willing to go back to square one.

Thanks for your insight, I at least know of a possible issue.