False positive when running Go Lang program

I'm running a simple 'hello world' style program written in Go, and when I run it from the command line I get the compiled file blocked, and a false positive hit on a virus.

Steps to reproduce on Windows 10 , latest build:

• Install Go Lang from the official site
  • Install Visual Studio Code
  • Enable Go support in Visual Studio
  • Create this program (saved as main.go) in Visual Studio:
package main

import "fmt"

func main() {
   fmt.Println("Hi there!")
}
  • Go to a command prompt into that directory and type
  • go run main.go

There will be an 'Access Denied' error as BitDefender blocks the program from running with the following message:

C:\dev\udemy\helloworld>go run main.go

open C:\Users\Someone\AppData\Local\Temp\go-build276929322\b001\exe\main.exe: Access is denied.

go: failed to remove work dir: remove C:\Users\Someone\AppData\Local\Temp\go-build276929322\b001\exe: The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.

The message in BitDefender is:

Antivirus

The file C:\Users\Someone\AppData\Local\Temp\go-build276929322\b001\exe\main.exe is infected with Gen:Variant.Bulz.334385. The threat has been successfully blocked, your device is safe.

I performed a full scan, and there is no such virus on the machine.

It seems to be a false positive.

When I run code directly in the IDE, it works fine, being in Visual Studio Code or in WebStorm GoLand.

Can this please be fixed?

Comments

• I've moved this question to HOME & HOME OFFICE PROTECTION› BITDEFENDER 2020 PRODUCTS› PROTECTION because it's related to the Total Protection product, not the free edition. Feel free to delete this thread.

• I am a software developer and i am getting the same issue and there seems to be no way to add it to exceptions please check . this is stupid Antivirus wont let people work

• I'd like to act as another user that is having this issue.

Actually, we have at least three machines in our office that can no longer compile Go source.

This is true for a simple "Hello World" program that ONLY has: fmt.Println("Hello World")