Bitdefender blocking my own python scripts and Jupiter notebook write files

# Problem:

Bitdefender blocks python from Mac Terminal or Jupyter notebook from writing files to protected folders even you allowed it.

I used to be able to do this but lately, I cannot.

# Steps:

1. I created an "unprotected" folder named "Test". In an unprotected folder, there is no problem. See screenshot

a. I run a Python ****** from the terminal to write a file. No problem     

b. I run python from a Jupyter notebook to write a file. No problem.     

c. I run the same ****** I used in the Jupyter from Python directly. No problem.

2. However, when I do the same thing in a "protected" folder, but I get permission errors. Even when they have permissions under Bitdefender. 

a. Terminal and Python are configured to be "Allowed"    

b. I run a Python ****** from the terminal to write a file. Operation Not Permitted Error

c. I run python from a Jupyter notebook to write a file. I cannot even create the notebook.

d. I run the same ****** I used in the Jupyter from Python directly. No problem.

# Notes:

- Terminal are granted full disk access from MacOS Security

# Conclusion

- This is obviously a Bitdefender bug because it does not occur in an unprotected folder.

Please help!

For screenshots see notion share https://gio.notion.site/Python-Bitdefender-Problem-4ff5eb29fd1443ed833ff9d4999b8c2d

Comments

• I have come across exactly the same problem as reported here. Has there been a solution found?

• Hi @KennyM & @gio888 ,

That seems indeed like bug and thanks for pointing this to us. I'll pass it on to dev team to have a thorough look.

cheers,

Mike

Intel Core i7-7700 @ 3.60Ghz, 64GB DDR4 || Gigabyte nVIDIA GeForce® GTX 1070 G1 8GB || WD Blue NAND 500GB + 1TB

• Hi guys, coming back, but not with an easy fix. Kind request to write to our support team (from your own accounts, so that they understand exactly the issue): https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/

cheers,

Mike

Intel Core i7-7700 @ 3.60Ghz, 64GB DDR4 || Gigabyte nVIDIA GeForce® GTX 1070 G1 8GB || WD Blue NAND 500GB + 1TB