Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender threat error even though I never installed Bitdefender

Options
iamzain16
edited January 2022 in Parental Control

I got this strange error today:

A problem has occured in BitDefender Threat Scanner. A file containing error information has been created at C:\Windows\Temp\BitDefender Threat Scanner.dmp

I can see the file is there. But I've never installed Bit Defender on the machine as far as I know. It's a Win2012 R2 machine I use as a development machine. There's ITBrain by Teamviewer which does malware detection. It hasn't picked anything up nor has MalwareBytes which I downloaded to scan the machine after the error. I spoke to Bitdefender and they have said they would look at it. I was wondering if anyone here had any ideas.

Answers

• works2020
    Options

What are the dates the folder was created? Was there any other software installed at this time

• works2020
    Options

What are the dates the folder was created? Was there any other software installed at this time or work done that may shed light on how the file was downloaded?

• works2020
    Options

What are the dates the folder was created? Was there any other software installed at this time

• works2020
    Options