Gen:Variant.Tedy.61780 blocking for NET6.0 apps in both Visual Studio (2019 & 2022) and Rider

As of this morning, I'm unable to run my code (NET6.0 only projects - C#) in both Visual Studio and Rider (all latest versions). BitDefender gives me a 'thread detection' and blocks a temp file in the building process (in the obj folder).

I updated Rider this morning to the latest version, don't know if that is the culprit as my projects yesterday did work fine (and they where NET6.0 also than !) ...

False positive ?

For now I cannot work on any code as I cannot build my apps ...

Comments

• Just had the same issue! Need a resolution fast.
  • Just the same issue... !!!

• Me too

• Mike_BD
    Mike_BD admin
    edited December 2021

Hi everyone,

This kind of issue will require for sure technical investigation. So kindly asking of you to contact our Support team by visiting

https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/

Stay safe,

Mike

Intel Core i7-7700 @ 3.60Ghz, 64GB DDR4 || Gigabyte nVIDIA GeForce® GTX 1070 G1 8GB || WD Blue NAND 500GB + 1TB

• Geertie
    edited December 2021

@Mike - It could be my eyes, but is it possible no link is available in your post :) -- thanks 😊 --

@Everybody - A temp solution I use is that I rolled back my projects to NET5.0 and after altering some minor pure NET6.0 stuff all works fine.

• Thanks for sharing this with us @Geertie !

Intel Core i7-7700 @ 3.60Ghz, 64GB DDR4 || Gigabyte nVIDIA GeForce® GTX 1070 G1 8GB || WD Blue NAND 500GB + 1TB

• @Everybody - Update Rider and/or Resharper to the latest versions and all is solved ! If you rolled back to NET5.0, the moment has arrived to do the inverse !

• Mannie
    edited January 2022

Hi @Geertie, I'm running the very latest version of Visual Studio 2022 17.1 preview and still getting this false -as far as I'm concerned- positive when trying to build and run a .NET MAUI app (with "Windows Machine" selected) today. This is holding me back, which is the last thing I want. Any solution?