Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Issues with updates. Performance, interruption and frustrations.

Options

Okay I'll try to keep this short and straight to the point of my frustrations as well as a proposed solution.

Issue 1:

Disk usage at 100% during updates, impacting my computer performance without informing me of where my resources are going.

Attempted solution 1:

Disable automatic updates in the settings.

Why solution 1 WORKS but is not IDEAL:

I cannot disable this option permanently (Longest solution is "Disable until system restart"), which is VERY frustrating when I play games, as I have to remember to go into the menu and disable it manually. Nevertheless, I do understand the importance of keeping an antivirus up to date, which is why I decided to attempt another solution.

Attempted solution 2:

Enable Manual Update and turn on Gaming Profile so that it "eliminates interruptions while you play your favorite games."

Why solution 2 WORKS but is not IDEAL:

It does not eliminate interruptions, for testing purposes I set the update check interval to 1 hour and 2 minutes later while in a game, I recieve a pop-up, that, and this is the real issue with this, STEALS FOCUS from any window I have open. This is laughable considering the fact that it advertises that the profile "Eliminates interruptions". It might aswell be a windows pop-up for updates which are equally annoying.

Proposal:

The only REAL fix to this from a user perspective with gaming in mind is this: Leave everything as is, except DO NOT steal focus when in gaming profile (Or maybe overall, just have make the icon flash on the taskbar like many other applications do, so that it alerts you that something needs your attention without forcing you to do it right this second). There is NOTHING worse for gaming than a random window stealing focus.

This makes it so that the antivirus does everything it was meant to do AND it makes the experience of more advanced computer users smoother:

Update regularly to stay ontop of scummy viruses and nasty stuff AND it gives the user agency over when they want to allocate resources to updating their software.

This is a BIG issue for me as a user that likes gaming, and does not have a giga powerful rig to devote so many disk resources.

Answers

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hello.

First, take screenshot(s) of the issue(s) and create a log on your Windows device using Bitdefender Support Tool, by following these steps:

and if necessary, create a connectivity log on your Windows device, by following these steps:

or

take screenshot(s) of the issue(s) and create a log on your MacOS device using BDProfiler, by following these steps:

Next, contact Bitdefender Consumer Support by e-mail here (scroll down to the bottom of the page):

with short description of the issue(s).

After that, you will get an automated reply by the Bitdefender Customer Care Team, with your ticket number.

Now, in reply to that automated reply, you can send the screenshot(s) you already took and the log file(s) you already created in the first step.

Since you are all done, just wait for the support engineers to investigate your issue(s) and find solution(s) to fix the issue(s).

Remember that the screeshot(s) and the log file(s) will help a lot to the support engineers for better and faster investigation on your issue(s) and finding solution(s).

Regards.

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hello @Pala_K,

Normally, the notifications should not pop-up when the Game Profile is activated, judging by the following product settings that are applied:

• All Bitdefender alerts and pop-ups are disabled
    • Automatic Update is postponed
    • Scheduled scans are postponed
    • Search Advisor is disabled
    • Special offers notifications are disabled

If the Game Profile does not behave as expected, then it's recommended to have one of the engineers have a closer look at its configuration, as @Gjoksi79_ suggested above.

For more information regarding the Game Profile you can check the following article:

Let us know how it goes.

Best regards.

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• My game profile is active but still getting notifications. Shouldn't be this difficult to prevent all notifications from the app.

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hello @harrisonho9,

If you click on "configure" under the Game Profile, do you see all the boxes ticked, like in the screenshot below?

Check them all and make sure to add the game in the list and let us know if the pop-up notifications still appear afterwards. Normally, as per the settings that are applied by default when enabling the Game Profile, all Bitdefender alerts and pop-ups should be disabled. If this does not work as intended, we might have to take a closer look to make sure we don't have a bug on our hands.

Looking forward to your reply.

Best regards

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user