Alert Mode switching itself off.

Hello

I've had this problem for a number of years with Bit Defender and I can't seem to find a solution on the internet.

I switch 'Alert Mode' on, so that every time an application tries to connect to the internet, a pop-up appears and I can then choose whether I want it to connect to the internet or not.

The problem is, it keeps switching itself back off, without my input - and I am having to then delete every saved rule to make sure it hasn't let something through that I don't want.

It's so annoying that I'm not going to renew my subscription when it's due, so please could someone help.

Comments

• Mike_BD
    Mike_BD admin
    edited May 9

Hello @Chris_Munday and welcome to our Community!

This feature has evolved in time and we had some glitches with it recently. But, as far as we know, latest releases have fixed it. More on this topic here: https://community.bitdefender.com/en/discussion/89671/alert-mode-is-broken

IF you're up-to-date with your machine's OS and the Bitdefender solution and still Alert Mode switches off, then it's probably a case for our engineering team and I'm kindly asking of you to contact them via: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/

Stay safe,

Mike

Intel Quad 6600 on LGA 775, running perfectly for 10 years a Windows 7 Ultimate

• Glad you like it. We have been using this for a colossal piece of a month now and it is clearly going charmingly.

• With reference to Mike_BD's post on May 9. I recently contacted support about this and was told to reinstall Bitdefender. I have replied saying that as it is happening on 2 computers I don't think this is the answer and asking for it to be sent 'up the line'. It seems the problem hasn't been fixed, or if it has, those on the help desk aren't aware of what users need to do to make sure it works consistently.

I agree with the other poster: if it isn't fixed I won't be renewing with Bitdefender when my subscription comes up for renewal.

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi Defender of the month ✭✭✭✭✭

@Whatandwhy

Hello.

Uninstall the Bitdefender program using the Uninstall Tool:

It will completely remove the program.

Next, reinstall Bitdefender from your Bitdefender Central account and see if the issue has been resolved, as reinstalling the program usually solves the issues.

Regards.

Win8.1Pro64bit-TotalSecurity26.0.18.75-Firefox102.0

Android11(April1,2022)-MobileSecurity3.3.175.2012-Central3.0.10.76