Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

New device inserted into card slot on win10 laptop

Options

Hello y'all. I am constantly inserting and reinserting my SDcards into the card slot on my win10 laptop which I use as my primary computer. This hadn't happened before, but just started a few months ago, and it is VERY annoying. I will insert a SDcard into my laptop card reader slot. A little bitdefender window pops up stating it's detected a new device. Then my explorer window for that new device pops up, but because bitdefender is scanning it, the explorer window disappears. This is an ongoing event that occurs each day about 30 times. I am about to uninstall BTD because of its actions. I have looked at setup but it doesn't allow me any access to change it so that it will NOT remove my device each time it is scanned. AND after scanning my cards, it sometimes allow redisplaying the card contents, BUT too-many times the new device (the SDcard) disappears and never reappears in a window. I'll search for it, and it is never displayed in MY PC. Even when the scan is done, it doesn't reappear. I have to remove it, reinsert it, and the whole annoying procedure happens again! Is this happening to anyone else? Thanks in advance!

Answers

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hello @fototakerTony and welcome to the Community!

I am sorry to hear this.

If you are absolutely sure that the SD cards are clean, try the following: go to Protection => Antivirus =>Settings and disable Scan flash drives:

If this does not fix the issue, kindly contact our Support Teams, as more information might be required for troubleshooting. You can get in touch with our engineers by choosing one of the contact methods available here:

https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/

Best regards

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user