Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Does BMS automatically perform a system scan (on iOS)?

Options

I haven't seen a function which allows BMS to automatically initiate a system scan (vulnerability scan) everyday or every hour. Does BMS have such function? Or am I right?

Tagged:

Answers

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hello.

Bitdefender Mobile Security for iOS features:

Web Protection

Use your iPhone worry-free knowing that all your traffic gets protected. Simply turn Web Protection “ON”, and any phishing pages and dangerous connections going after your personal information (such as your credit card details or social security number) will be blocked. Now you can shop and bank securely online without worrying that your financial data will be stolen.

And it’s not just your browsing activity that gets protected against scams, phishing attempts, and online threats. Any app on your iPhone that sends information over the internet is prevented from misusing it.

Security Scan

Safety starts with the basics. Run scans to learn if there are any misconfigurations that put your phone and data at risk and close those gaps to enjoy complete security. Rely on the tips and recommendations we provide to increase your level of protection.

Account Privacy

Is your email account still private? Find out if your account information has been leaked. Simply validate your email address with the app and Bitdefender Mobile Security will run a check to discover if your privacy has been breached and let you know if it’s time to change passwords

VPN

The included Bitdefender VPN offers an extra layer of privacy that secures all your traffic to prevent any data loss.

Bitdefender VPN protects your online presence by encrypting all Internet traffic. It also secures your device’s connection while you’re connected to public Wi-Fi hotspots, cellular data networks and other public locations.

So, i don't think the app even does any kind of malware scan and/or vulnerability scan.

BUT, i could be wrong, as i am an Android user.

Regards.

• Giryoku
    Giryoku ✭✭✭
    Options

Hello @Gjoksi ,

Thank you.

Yess the app does offer a vulnerability scanner aka Security Scan, but in my opinion it doesn't automatically initiate a security scan, but I could be wrong.

I am not an Android user anymore, so difficult to tell. But probably you do know it. Does it perform a security scan automatically on Android? Or do you need to perform it manually? And with security scan I mean full system scan. So not just a new app you installed.

Regards 😀

• Scott
    Scott Defender of the month mod
    edited May 2022
    Options

BD Mobile Security scans Android app updates, and app downloads via the cloud database. You can also manually run a full scan from the app console.

It also scans, Hidden.

All Bitdefender Home Product User Guides:https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/user-guides/

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod
    Options

To add here, bitdefender for iOS will not scan for iOS malware or malicious iOS applications due to security restrictions by apple.

Regards

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)