Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

How do I upgrade Bitdefender versions for Netgear Armor?

Options
fury88
fury88
edited March 2022 in Central & Subscriptions
So I'm asking here because Netgear support is useless which is why I moved over to paying you guys directly for the subscription. Problem is, Netgear is running one version behind and I don't know how to upgrade to version 9.x for Mac. I have Monterey and I'm running in the bug referenced here: https://community.bitdefender.com/en/discussion/89355/bitdefender-prevents-time-machine-back-up-with-macos-monterey

How do I run version 9 with Netgear Armor? Is it even possible? If it isn't, please advise Netgear to upgrade ASAP!

-MF

Best Answer

• Alexandru_BD
    Alexandru_BD admin
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi,

The development teams are working on delivering the product build to Armor customers as well and they are collaborating closely with our partner, Netgear, to find the best route for this. However, even though you don't have the latest product built, rest assured that the product offers the maximum level of protection.

There are no further updates at this stage, but the teams are confident that a resolution is in sight.

Regards

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

Answers

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hello @fury88,

Based on your description of the situation encountered, I would recommend contacting the Bitdefender Technical Support Teams, as more information might be required. First, they will have to check the subscription type and then advise on the Time Machine issue, as I know for a fact this has been fixed with the latest update, so they may request some logs from you, if the situation persists, in order to find the root cause and advise further.

You can get in touch with our engineers by choosing one of the contact methods available here:

https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/

Stay safe.

• fury88
    Options
    Thanks for the reply! Great. That is my understanding as well. I’ll check with them on how to get an update from 8.x to 9.x since Netgear isn’t handing it out!
  • Mac Guy
    Options

I have the same issue -- don't seem to be able to get version 9 through my NETGEAR Armor account. note version 8 runs in compatibility mode, really inefficient for a key system service which runs all the time). V9 supports M1 Mac chipsets in native mode.

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Mac Guy

Hello.

You should contact Bitdefender Consumer Support by chat, telephone or e-mail:

Regards.

• Mac Guy
    Options

hello, very disappointed with the response from both Netgear and from Bitdefender -- basically, Netgear users are restricted to the 8.x release stream, whereas commercial purchasers of Bitdefender have access to the 9.x release stream.

• fury88
    Options

Bummer. As long as we’re not paying for features we’re not getting it is what it is. Again, Netgear support won’t even speak to me with a $200/year contract. They got you by the balls. Though, Bitdefender, you should be concerned if they don’t keep your product up to date because ultimately it’s your name on the security features.

• Mac Guy
    Options

as fury88 states, both Netgear and Bitdefender are going to pay the price for their licensing squabbles, as dissatisfied Netgear customers will search for alternate products that are actually supported.

(... and I'm quite disappointed that is took quite a few hours and dozens of emails with both Netgear and Bitdefender support teams to find out that I can't get access to the latest version of the product. Netgear claims it's a Bitdefender problem, and Bitdefender claims it's a Netgear issue.)

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Mac Guy @fury88

@Alexandru_BD Anything to comment here? Thanks.

• fury88
    Options

Is this a one-time issue getting fixed or do we expect this to happen every single time there is a major revision? One of the main reasons I started the thread was because there is a bug in the version Netgear is carrying with MacOS Time Machine. I have no way of updating it as of now. I wasn’t so much concerned about whether it was secure or not currently but that point does come into play the farther the version delta.

regardless, here’s to hoping it’s fixed sooner than later. I really love Bitdefender so keep at it!

-MF

• Hi @fury88,

There are two separate tasks involved, the first has to do with the known Time Machine back-up issue and secondly, the developers are working to resolve the upgrade build together with Netgear. As far as I know, this is a one-time unique situation that involves multiple teams, as they are working on different areas of the product at the same time.

Cheers

• fury88
    Options

Ok. That helps more! I’m hoping whenever v10 comes out that Netgear will just adopt it ASAP. ;-)

Thanks for the insight and support here.

-MF

• JackieA
    Options

i have tried and tried and tried to get customer service and the tech people to get my web protection working on my armor that runs on my ipads and phones, etc and they are all apparently total ****** because they cant fix it….i have done everything they told me to do and it’s STILL NOT WORKING SINCE THE 13TH WHEN THEY GLADLY TOOK MY MONEY…any suggestions?