Cannot disable security recommendations

Dear BitDefender staff,

It's important to me to be able to disable popup windows from the Total Security application in Windows 11. These do not appear to be normal Windows "notifications" and thus the OS does not have control over them.

I have followed the settings menu, and according to this support article I should be able to do what I want: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/answer/25974/. Here are my relevant settings:

And here is the popup window which appeared today. I know that I have seen this one regarding the password manager before. I have a different solution for password management and am covered as far as security here. So if there were a selection to say "no thanks I've already got it done" or something of that nature I would happily select it and wouldn't complain. As it happens, though, the "learn more" option is the only selection the window offers. I don't want to go and learn more.

Can you show me a workable solution to get rid of this recommendation, and avoid others like it? Thank you so much!

Comments

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2022

Hello.

The Password Manager pop-up notification issue has been discussed here in the Community in the past 2 or 3 days. It is a known issue.

Check out this comment by @Alexandru_BD, who works for Bitdefender:

As a workaround, you could try the following:

Open your Bitdefender program, go to Utilities -> Profiles -> Settings and enable/activate "Work Profile" or "Game Profile".

When "Work Profile" or "Game Profile" is enabled/activated, all Bitdefender alerts and pop-ups are disabled, but can't be sure if it will disable this particular notification.

There's nothing else that can be done, except to wait for a fix to be released.

Regards.

• Or move to an alternative security software provider that doesn't treat its paying customers with so much contempt.

• As Gjoski said: Open your Bitdefender program, go to Utilities -> Profiles -> Settings and enable/activate "Work Profile" or "Game Profile".

This will help,

J Wick