Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Feature Suggestion

Options

I find that BitDefender's UI/layout often gets in the way and forces users to perform more steps than necessary. For example - in the Notifications area, why not add buttons to each item that allows users to add an item to the list of exceptions and/or mark the item as read. Regarding the latter - there is a button that allows items to be marked as read, but its placement is confusing. It is not obvious that it applies to the selected item. Adding exceptions takes way to many steps and requires users to go to a different page/section and manually type in the URL. It would be simpler if each item in the Notifications area had buttons that make these processes much easier and obvious.

I would have added a mockup of these suggestions, but each time I tried to add the image or add an attachment, this page gave me a "Network Error" with no description or explanation. VERY frustrating! Also, the "category choices" for these forums is extremely limited and near useless. How can there not be a category for product suggestions?

1 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• Scott
    Scott Defender of the month mod
    Options

Hi @Thepipe

You may have just missed seeing it. It's at the top of the forum page, Product Features and Ideation. When you click on that box and start a thread there, it will automatically start with an "idea" pop-up prompt. So, I moved your thread for you :)

All Bitdefender Home Product User Guides:https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/user-guides/

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hello @Thepipe and thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with us here.

Indeed, the notifications don't have an option to delete or read them individually, the user can select the desired tab to view the relevant notifications and take the desired action. Every time an event occurs, a counter can be noticed on the Notifications icon. Depending on type and severity, notifications are grouped in:

• Critical events

These indicate critical issues. You should check them immediately.

• Warning events

These indicate non-critical issues. You should check and fix them when you have the time.

• Information events

These indicate successful operations.

You can click on each tab to find more details about the generated events. Brief details are displayed at a single-click on each event title: a short description, the action Bitdefender took on it when it happened, and the date and time when it occurred.

Options may be provided to take further action if needed. To help the user easily manage logged events, the 'Notifications' tab provides options to delete or mark as read all events in that section. There are no foreseeable UI changes here, nevertheless, I have noted your recommendation and will forward it to our development tems in the next feedback sprint.

The reasoning behind the options to delete or mark as read all events in a particular notifications section is that once an action has been taken by the user and/or the notifications have been read, the user doesn't really need to keep them anymore and they can be bulk-deleted. There is no aparent reason to keep some notifications and delete others, as some of them are purely informative, while others may require an action from the user and once this has been carried out, I think it's not necessary to make a selection.

Regarding this: "It is not obvious that it applies to the selected item" - when you hover above these options, a brief message will appear below the icon that will say "mark all as read" and "delete all", and this applies for each section.

Concerning "Also, the 'category choices' for these forums is extremely limited and near useless" - I'm not sure if you are accessing our forum using a PC or mobile device, but regardless of this, you should see the main categories displayed on the main page that looks like this (from a PC):

Concerning your thread, this belongs to the the Product features and Ideation category, thus it was moved here. Voting has been enabled as well, so that all members can vote on your suggestion.

On the community homepage, there is also a blue button that you can use to open a new discussion and once you do this, you will be prompted to select the desired category to post:

More categories can be expanded by clicking on the "All categories" option situated on the homepage:

Furthermore, we have created useful guidelines for navigating and posting in our community, as well as for the ideation topics, so make sure to check them out:

Should you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

I hope the information is useful.

Regards,

Alex

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user