Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Alert repeating "endless loop" on Windows 11

Options
technomad
technomad Defender of the month ✭✭

Since an update last year whenever an app has changed and the firewall alert panel pops up if I don't click it immeditately then I will need to click multiple times to make it go away. If I am not at my computer when it happens it almost seems like an endless loop and I have to reboot to make it go away.

I have raised a support ticket and after a bit of back and forth was told it is a known issue and is being worked on. It seems like a significant bug to me and even after multiple releases since the problem first occurred it is still in the software.

I'm wondering how common this issue is.

I tired to post some YouTube hosted video screen reocrdings but I don't have enough XP for that yet.

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@technomad ,

I have not read about that specific issue here, but it could have been reported, and I missed it.

Have you tried a "repair install?"

If that does not resolve the issue, then I would escalate it to Bitdefender Support. Chat is the fastest way to reach them.

Good luck, and please keep us posted. Have a great day.

Regards,

Phil

• technomad
    edited March 7
    Options

I just performed a re-install as it fixed another issue I reported here but nothing changed.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@technomad ,

I would pursue the Support Ticket that you have raised. @Alexandru_BD , would you be so kind as to look into this and provide an update?

Thank you, and have a great day.

Regards,

Phil

• technomad
    Options

Here is the email acknowledging it was already known about. I have followed up since then with the same response.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@technomad ,

Thank you for sharing the email from BD Tech Support. I am sure that @Alexandru_BD or @camarie will be able to quickly provide you with an update when they are back to work tomorrow. It is night in Romania right now.

Have a great day.

Regards,

Phil

• camarie
    camarie Principal Software Developer BD Staff
    Options

I am not very familiar with the firewall, but I forwarded to the guys doing it. Will get back when I have feedback/news from them.

• camarie
    camarie Principal Software Developer BD Staff
    Options

I can confirm there is already an issue in progress recorded in our development team. It will be addressed and hopefully fixed quickly. As soon as I have a confirmation from the dev+tests, a release date containing this fix can be estimated. For now all I know is that the issue is known and in progress.

• technomad
    Options
  • technomad
    edited May 15
    Options

I really hoped this latest alert mode update would fix thsi problem too but it hasn't.

• technomad
    Options

I just tried to submit a support ticket again but couldn't. Posted in the utiities section on that matter.

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

@technomad I think it's best to keep the previous ticket on that matter, so the engineers can keep better track of the evolution of the case, instead of opening a new ticket (they can be merged anyway, but it's better this way). What was the latest update you received on that case and is the ticket still open? Can you provide me with the ticket number so I can check its status?

Thanks,

Alex

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• technomad
    Options

I seem to have deleted the previous emails on the old ticket so I just submitted a new one. I am pretty ruthless at housekeeping.