Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

License upgrade

Hi,

I currently have the Total Security license. How can I upgrade to Premium Security Plus without having multiple licenses in Central?

Greetings

Tagged:

Answers

• Hello.

ONLY Bitdefender staff can have access to your Bitdefender Central account, your devices, your payments/purchases and/or your subscription(s).

You can upgrade your subscription by contacting Bitdefender Consumer Support (chat, telephone or e-mail):

https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Chat is the fastest way to get in touch with Bitdefender Consumer Support.

Select: Purchase & Manage Subscription -> My Bitdefender Central Account, click on Contact Support in the black box and then click on Chat 24/7.

NOTE: Bitdefender telephone support is not toll-free!

Regards.

• Hi,

When you redeem an activation code in Central for a different subscription that the existing one, the new subscription/license will be activated in parallel, because the two are not identical. So, if the previous Total Security subscription still has some validity left, the two will overlap until one of them expires. The only way to go around this is to wait until the current Total Security subscription expires, then purchase Premium Security and activate it in Central in the same day. Once the previous license expires, all devices covered by it will be automatically allocated to the new subscription that can protect them, and no further action is required.
    Bitdefender's configuration on your devices will be updated according to the active license in the associated Central account.

I hope the information is helpful.

Regards,

Alex

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• @Alexandru_BD

Hey, buddy.

I think the OP was talking about upgrading the current Total Securiy subscription to Premium Security Plus subscription, which of course can be done while the Total Security subscription is still active.

Regards.

• Well, yes and no. 😄 It really depends on the status of Total Security. Because if they have only a few months validity left, I don't think the upgrade can be made free of charge and they will have to purchase a Premium Security subscription. If, however, they recently bought Total Security and require an upgrade, then yes, I think there are a few options, including a pro-rated refund, or a full refund of the Total Security if the purchase is within 30 days.

Generally speaking, it is best to avoid mixing up subscriptions, because there are some technical and financial implications there. But of course they can update anytime, it's just that they will have two subscriptions in the account and these will overlap until one expires. So, validity will still be lost on one of them, depending on which one is protecting the devices and which one is running 'empty' in this scenario.

But I think it's best for the Support teams to have a look and advise further on this one.

Cheers

• @Alexandru_BD

But I think it's best for the Support teams to have a look and advise further on this one.

Well, basically, i already suggested that.

😁😁

• Well, basically yes, so good job on that. 😄👍️

• I have been in contact with the chat.
    The old license was cancelled and I ordered the new one.
    Unfortunately, the old one is still shown as expired.

• Hello again.

You need to reallocate ALL your devices to the new Bitdefender Premium Security Plus subscription, by following these steps:
    https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/answer/34264/
    At the end, don't forget to stop the auto-renewal for the old Bitdefender Total Security subscription, by following these steps:
    https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/answer/29081/
    Just follow the steps as described in Method 1, because some users in the past reported that the steps from Method 2 didn't stop the auto-renewal.
    From my personal experience, Method 1 did and still does the job for stopping the auto-renewal.
    Regards.

• Yes, thanks.
    But it doesn't change the fact that the old license is still shown as expired.