Cant update to latest version .201 install new PC or reinstall

I am currently using the latest online installer version but only can install 27.0.41.198. However, this version has an update bug that prevents me from updating to 27.0.41.201. This update issue has been ongoing for a long time, and there has not been a release for the online installer to fix the problem.

PLEASE FIX ASAP

Comments

• Even if you download the online installer, it is not necessary; you will always get the latest version. Bitdefender product updates are released in batches, and sooner or later, they will be available to all users. However, the timeline for when everyone will receive the update is not fixed.

Regards

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

• Petersl
    Petersl ✭✭✭

Hi @Flexx

Does this mean uninstalling and reinstalling wont be necessary?

Are the batches for the new version update included in the automatic definitions updater that happens about 5 minutes after boot or in the version updater that happens at about 15 minutes after boot?

I only run the definitions updater and then disable the automatic update until next reboot because it just disappears the bitdefender icon form my desktop tray icons.

Thx

• Flexx
    Flexx mod
    edited October 2
    Does this mean uninstalling and reinstalling wont be necessary?

No, it's not necessary. It won't help.

Are the batches for the new version update included in the automatic definitions updater that happens about 5 minutes after boot or in the version updater that happens at about 15 minutes after boot?

I only run the definitions updater and then disable the automatic update until next reboot because it just disappears the bitdefender icon form my desktop tray icons.

Both malware signature updates and product updates are delivered through the update feature, whether run manually or automatically. The timeframe for automatic successful malware signature updates is 1 hour, provided the updates are available. For product updates, you will receive them via the same update feature as soon as your batch gets the update.

Regards

• Alexandru_BD
    Alexandru_BD admin
    edited October 2

Hi @Desmond,

If Bitdefender is stuck on that version and refuses to update to .201, please reach out to the Support teams to schedule a remote session and find out what's going on there, because this isn't normal. Especially if it gets stuck at 84%
    This applies to everyone who cannot update to the latest version.

https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

The engineers will know exactly what to do.

Regards,

Alex

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• RedsFan
    RedsFan ✭✭✭

Is new version .208 available for download in BD central ??

• This is not true.

Version .199 was released and .198 was installed. Even when .2xx was released, .198 was installed.

With the live installer.

• Flexx
    Flexx mod
    edited October 10

Bitdefender product updates are released in batches, so the online installer will not always offer the latest version right away. It's best not to rely on it for the most recent product updates. Once your product is included in the batch scheduled to receive the update, you'll get it as well. There is no exact timeline, but sooner or later, you will receive it.

Regards

• For me, that's actually the advantage of a live installer. Especially with a new installation.

• What worked for me is the following;

step 1: go to save mode

step 2: uninstall Bitdefender with the option to save your configuration and files

step 3: the installer will ask you to reboot after doing some uninstalling

step 4: reboot to normal mode

step 5: let the installer do its job

step 6: check the next day if the update works by clicking "update now"