Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bdts Freezes During Scan For Rootkits

Hi,

I hope you can help me solve this problem.

I have BDTS 2008 with XP Home.

In the last few days everything works OK for a time until I perform manual scans and then the following is experienced:

1. Registry Cleaner - works fine.

2. System scan - freezes after about an hour at the start of "Scanning for Rootkits (hidden files)".

3. Deep Scan - Freezes after an hour and some as the start of "Scanning for Rootkits (hidden files)".

After freezing I cannot proceed with any function until I shutdown with the ON/OFF button and then I can reboot and all is fine.

At switch on everything seems to work fine and gradually the responses slow down.

I have used ATF Cleaner and this helps but only for a short time.

Please advise any ideas you have for a solution to this problem.

Thanks and regards,

John

Comments

• Hi,

I hope you can help me solve this problem.

I have BDTS 2008 with XP Home.

In the last few days everything works OK for a time until I perform manual scans and then the following is experienced:

1. Registry Cleaner - works fine.

2. System scan - freezes after about an hour at the start of "Scanning for Rootkits (hidden files)".

3. Deep Scan - Freezes after an hour and some as the start of "Scanning for Rootkits (hidden files)".

After freezing I cannot proceed with any function until I shutdown with the ON/OFF button and then I can reboot and all is fine.

At switch on everything seems to work fine and gradually the responses slow down.

I have used ATF Cleaner and this helps but only for a short time.

Please advise any ideas you have for a solution to this problem.

Thanks and regards,

John

Hi John,

I'm facing the same problem with version2009.

Do you now know how to correct the problem?

Regards,

Marc.

• Do you have the latest version updated ?

• Hi

I'm facing the same problem with BD 2009

freez after about one hour then asking me to restart my laptop

thanks

• Sm3K3R
    Sm3K3R ✭✭✭
    Hi

I'm facing the same problem with BD 2009

freez after about one hour then asking me to restart my laptop

thanks

Can all of you post the hardware configurations(drivers used also) and software configurations of your computers (especially say what games (they use protections with rootkit like behaviour) antivirus ,antispyware or firewalls you had installled before and during the BD usage) ?

Maybe there is a pattern :blink:

Untill now, on my computer ,the only software that forced the deep scan to stall at rootkit scanning stage was Sunbelt Firewall 4.6(since its beta stages) ,so remove it in case you are using it.It is posible that some software (most probable its about some drivers,maybe game protections) to generate such a behaviour.

• Hi,

I also have the same problem. I have just upgraded from v2008 to v2009 and on my first deep system scan my computer froze scanning for Rootkits.

Earlier tonight I scanned a flash drive and my PC froze up as well.

Any suggestions of a solution would be really helpful.

Thanks

Peter