Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender aktualisiert nicht automatisch

Optionen

Die automatische Aktualisierung ist eingeschaltet, trotzdem muss ich das Update von Hand anstoßen. Ich weiß nicht warum dies nicht automatisch läuft, ich habe noch einen Zweiten PC, da klappt dies, kennt da jemand eine Lösung?

Beste Antwort

Antworten

• I repaired Bitdefender. That helped, after restarting today the program was updated.

Best regards

• CoDgerry
    Optionen

didn't help me.

it updates ever hours IF the PC is running.

But if my PC goes into standby for - let's say 2 days - , it does not update itself after I log in. So the first hour using my PC I have database info from 2 days ago. I can visit malicous websites and download viruses for one hour without Bitdefender even thinking about updating itself.

• CoDgerry
    Optionen

"ever hours" lol sorry for the typo. It's supposed to say "every hour"

• CoDgerry
    Optionen

@Alexandru_BD

Seriously I've tried reinstalling, uninstalling etc. my internet connection is flawless too.

"last update 5h ago" and that was manually as well.

It would be nice to have an AV that updates it's databases automatically ^^

btw then a major product update installed on its own while I was in a game and asked for a restart. I got an error message from Microsoft AV that no AV was active. wtf

• Alexandru_BD
    Optionen

Hello @CoDgerry,

Regarding that AV notification, in newer versions of Windows, shut down or sleep is no longer equal to restart, due to performance considerations of the operating system. So unless the user explicitly restarts the system, he would no longer be able to replace the update files as he used to do before - that's about what was wrong with deferring service restarts until the machine is restarted the way they used to be. That's why a new flow appeared, so that we can allow updates to be carried out when necessary and ensure the devices are restarted properly.

As the notification says, Bitdefender services will restart. This means that Windows will give the user a message that he is no longer protected in the few seconds that Bitdefender services stop and start. It is important, however, that the user sees this pop-up from Bitdefender before seeing the message from Windows, because otherwise it will seem like there is a problem with the antivirus. Some modules are turned off for a very short time while the patch is being applied. Bitdefender has many systems that back up each other and provide protection. By design, the developers would not make an update system that would leave customers vulnerable in any way.

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• CoDgerry
    Optionen

Alright thanks for the answer about "not being protected" while Bitdefender restarts.

What about the other part of my question?

• Alexandru_BD
    Optionen

Cheers @CoDgerry,

I replied to you on the other thread as well. 🙂

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user