Bitdefender mobile app on android not generating weekly reports

Petersl
Petersl Defender of the month ✭✭✭

Hi everyone,

I want to inform the community about an ongoing issue with the bitdefender mobile app on android.

Since December 2023 it is no longer generating any weekly reports, it just shows on top that weekly reports date but no report is generated, the apps malware scanner counter is at 0 even when apps where scanned that week and the scan logs are made when clicking on the 3 stripes button on the right top corner of the reports tab.

For the "Web Protection" part of the report it shows "There was no activity in this interval" even when I have used the firefox and the brave browser and pages where blocked by the bitdefender mobile app so that does still work it just not generating a report about it.

I have an open ticket with support about this issue and they are aware of it and working on a fix. Support had let me know last month that they had fixed it in update version 3.3.236.2418 and asked me to see if it was fixed, it was not.

I had to log out and back in to the app a few weeks ago because of an issue I had in central and this had reset the app. When it generated it's first weekly report it did do it but only partially.

It generated the report only for the Monday of that week but not the other days of the week, they where blank and the "Web Protection" did not generate anything that week either.

Now yesterday when it always normally generated the weekly report on Sunday it again is blank and showing 0 apps scanned even when I scanned every day of the week and the scans where logged in the 3 stripes button on the right top of the reports tab.

I'll keep this post updated when I have new information from support or when it's fixed.

Thx