Prevent email phishing

Answers

• Hi @Norim,

Can you please elaborate on your statement?

Thanks

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• Hi Alexandra_BD,

Thanks for your response! I am new to Bitdefender. I have just been flooded with loads of phishing emails even though the email address they were sent to wasn’t mine but similar.I presume therefore that this is not covered by Bitdefender security which I find a bit disappointing as I’ve never had this happen before. Do I have to take out separate cover? Thanks

• TaxiMagicien42
    TaxiMagicien42 Defender of the month ✭✭✭✭✭

Hello @Norim

To my knowledge, Bitdefender’s solutions include anti-phishing protection (see the Bitdefender support page and article below)

Regards,

TaxiMagicien42

WIndows 11 Home 23H2

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X 6-Core Processor 3.70 GHz

Bitdefender Premium Security Plus

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH mod
  • Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod

Additionally, some emails that initially appear like spam are actually legitimate messages from companies you've subscribed to or interacted with. These emails often include an unsubscribe link, typically located at the bottom, which allows you to opt out of receiving further communications.

However, it's crucial to exercise caution when dealing with emails that appear suspicious, even if they seem to be from a known company. Here are some tips to help you differentiate between genuine emails and phishing attempts:

1. Check the sender's email address: Ensure it matches the company's official domain.
    2. Look for personalization: Genuine emails often address you by name.
    3. Check for spelling and grammar mistakes: Legit companies usually have professional emails without errors.
    4. Be cautious of generic calls-to-action: Legit emails typically direct you to specific pages or provide clear instructions.
    5. Hover over links to see the URL: Ensure the link goes to the company's official website.

If you're unsure about an email's legitimacy, you can contact the company directly through their official website or customer service channels to verify its authenticity.

Regards

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

• @Norim thanks for following up and I wish to express my appreciation to everyone who shared their suggestions here. Since you've mentioned that, I quote; I have just been flooded with loads of phishing emails, I think the following article may also prove useful:

https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/answer/52799/

Regards

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• Iulia Tomulescu
    edited July 29

Hello @Norim! What Bitdefender solution do you use? The Email Protection feature that you seem to look for is included in all-in-one plans here described