Web site legit or not?

Coco60
Coco60
edited August 12 in Scam Busters

Is there a way to check with Bitdefender if a site is legit or scam (using the https address)?

Best Answers

• TaxiMagicien42
    TaxiMagicien42 Defender of the month ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hello @Coco60

To my knowledge, Bitdefender does not have a dedicated website that allows you to directly analyze the link of a website.
    You can go to the Virus Total website VirusTotal - Home) and analyze your link.

Regards

TaxiMagicien42

WIndows 11 Home 23H2

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X 6-Core Processor 3.70 GHz

Bitdefender Premium Security Plus

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod
    edited August 10 Answer ✓

I'd like to step in to correct the information provided here. Bitdefender recently introduced and developed a website called Bitdefender Scamio ( https://www.bitdefender.com/solutions/scamio.html )

Scamio is based on AI technology and is designed to scan any text or URL for malicious or phishing content. It also leverages Bitdefender's malware detection database, which is created by malware researchers, to check for phishing and malicious links. This makes it a powerful combination of AI and expert detection.

What's even better is that, in addition to the web app where you can manually enter a URL to scan for phishing or malicious content, Bitdefender Scamio is also available for WhatsApp Messenger and Facebook Messenger. If you receive any suspicious link, you can simply copy and paste it into the Scamio chat. For more detailed information, you can visit the Bitdefender Scamio website.

Regards

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

Answers

• Ok thanks i will try !

• Ok thanks i will try.

• TaxiMagicien42
    TaxiMagicien42 Defender of the month ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 11

Hello

@Flexx

Thank you for correcting. You are right you should use Bitdefender Scamio web site.
    I apologize for this oversight.

@Coco60

Follow the recommendation of Flexx and use Bitdefender Scamio web site. This is the most relevant answer.
    Ignore my first message (I still forget too often that Bitdefender Scamio can check a link).
    Again, I apologize for this mistake.

Regards,

TaxiMagicien42

WIndows 11 Home 23H2

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X 6-Core Processor 3.70 GHz

Bitdefender Premium Security Plus