frank stevens

rfstev
rfstev
edited September 19 in Scam Busters

Is [*url removed by @Flexx*] a real threat. It says McAfee on it but I don't use them. Any comments?

Bitdefender did not identify this as a threat. I did a full scan.

Answers

• The website you mentioned doesn't have any content on it and just displays a blank page.

Regards

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

• It came back today. Wants me to scan, delete, all the typical scam functions.

• I checked it again, but I am not receiving any warnings from Bitdefender. I have promoted you to level 2 so that you can share the screenshot with us.

Regards

• I am a real dummy with computers. I have opened screenshots but can go no further.

• Flexx
    Flexx mod
    edited September 22

Have a look at the link below for instructions on how to use Windows' built-in Snipping Tool to take a screenshot.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/use-snipping-tool-to-capture-screenshots-00246869-1843-655f-f220-97299b865f6b

Once the area is selected, simply click on the comments section on this page and press Ctrl + V together. The image will be pasted into the comment section.

You can also check the website on VirusTotal to see if Bitdefender detects the website as phishing or malicious.

Regards