Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

W32.sillyfdc Removal Tool Please?

Options

I have Bitdefender 2008/9 and they missed SillyFDC. This virus trashed my machine while Bitdefender was on duty and so I bought a license for N***** Internet Security as trust was lost with Bitdefender and N***** found viruses that were missed. The thing is I still have other machines/partitions and still have licenses for many machine with BD and want BD to its job because I can't afford to buy anymore licenses. So can I please have a removal tool for w32.sillyfdc trojan worm?

Thank you.

Comments

• Do you still have at least one copy of the infected file? If so, then please send it over for analysis purposes.

As a quick alternative please try the following tool: qscan.bitdefender.com and paste here the scan report content.

• NIS deleted the infected file. I may have one in a backup somewhere. Will have to mount my backup with acronis and scan it and save the file.

Was also wondering if there was anyway to run BD as a stand alone program without installing so that I can use it to get a second opinion on

top of NIS?

Thank you.

• NIS deleted the infected file. I may have one in a backup somewhere. Will have to mount my backup with acronis and scan it and save the file.

Was also wondering if there was anyway to run BD as a stand alone program without installing so that I can use it to get a second opinion on

top of NIS?

Thank you.

You can use the online alternatives (for the moment both work with Internet Explorer):

Quick Scan: http://qscan.bitdefender.com/

and

Online Scan: http://www.bitdefender.com/scan8/ie.html

• This file has been reported to be a w32.SillyFDC virus by NIS. Maybe its a false positive on their part, or maybe not so here is the infected file due to popular demand. Also there were other registry keys affected by the silly virus so I don't think it was a false positive. Bitdefender team please analyze this...

Thank you.

• This file has been reported to be a w32.SillyFDC virus by NIS. Maybe its a false positive on their part, or maybe not so here is the infected file due to popular demand. Also there were other registry keys affected by the silly virus so I don't think it was a false positive. Bitdefender team please analyze this...

Thank you.

Posted it to a rapidshare:

W32.SillyFDC Zipped

• We have analyzed the sample and it seems that this is a false positive from Norton because the file is clean.

• We have analyzed the sample and it seems that this is a false positive from Norton because the file is clean.

Well it wasn't a false positive that brought down my machine, as viruses and popups were downloading more viruses, with BD2009 on duty and unable to prevent that catastrophe. Not only that the 'other' AV said I also had a Bloodhound comming from a USB key (BD missed that), and truthfully the SmaryUninstaller program was never stable.

Thank you for your attention.

• djsonny
    Options

i have w32.sillyfdc too. :unsure:

• Fiby
    Options

At me the same problem, but w32.sillyfdc has repaired all

• v0retr0r
    Options

I had the same problem,but thanks to this topic I could resolve it.

• Where is the solution?
  • Alex Stanciu
    Options

Hello Ganbayar ,

Are you infected with W32.sillyfdc ? If so , have you run a BitDefender scan ? Please provides us more details about your sittuation .

Thank you .

• Hello Ganbayar ,

Are you infected with W32.sillyfdc ? If so , have you run a BitDefender scan ? Please provides us more details about your sittuation .

Thank you .

How to do that?