Chrome Browser Crashes With Bitdefender

I use Chrome as my default browser. In the past week, I have begun to have crashes of Chrome when BitDefender is running. I first receive an error from BitDefender (no specific description of the error, just a screen form to send back to BitDefender), followed by a crash of Chrome. I need to restart chrome. The message from BitDefender is a window that says the BitDefender updatte has taken place and the system requires a reboot to complete the installation.

Has anyone experienced such errors?

Comments

• Did you restart your PC when Bitdefender update has taken place ?

• Did you restart your PC when Bitdefender update has taken place ?

There was no update going on.

Unless BitDefender is silently, without schedule, updating several times a day (or even hour in some cases).

• flandrei
    flandrei Bitdefender VPN Product Manager BD Staff

Hi there,

BitDefender updates itself every hour, silently. You can change these settings if you open BitDefender in the Advanced View, then go to Update, and then Settings. You can change the way the update takes place (silent or prompt user for action) and the time interval.

Thanks,

Florin

• Dear sprite1900,

I recommend that you try this:

Press the windows button together with r now type this:

%USERPROFILE%\Local Settings\Application Data\Google\Chrome\User Data\ press enter (if you have windows xp) You need to change userprofile to the name of your account if there are more accounts on your computer.

and here for vista: %LOCALAPPDATA%\Google\Chrome\User Data\ press enter.

Now rename the Default folder to back-up. Be sure that Chrome is disabled.

See if the issue still persists?

If not try this:

Open BitDefender switch to advanced view:

Navigate to the antivirus section, be sure that the shield tab is high lighted press on custom level uncheck scan http traffic and press on ok.

Kind regards,

Niels