How To Scan Your Pc With Bitdefender In Safe Mode

AndreiASM
edited February 2020 in How to39s

This topic describes how to BOOT your PC in safe mode and how to make a deep scan of all hard-drives with BitDefender.

Restart your computer. Before the BOOT-screen appears, press F8 several times, until a menu appears. From the menu select "Safe Mode", and press <enter> to continue.

After Windows has loaded, a dialog box will appear which will ask you if you wish to continue working in safe mode. Click "Yes" to continue.

After you have sucsesfully BOOT-ed in safe mode, open the command prompt by going to START -> Run, type in cmd and hit <enter> or click OK.

Then, type in the following command:

cd x:\Program Files\Common Files\Softwin\BitDefender Scan Server, where "x" is your system drive, where Windows is installed and Program files folder is located.

After sucsesfully changing the directory, type in the following command:

bdc /f /b /r /i /G /N /p. The parameters meanings are as follows:

/f - scan files

/b - scan BOOT sectors and Master Boot Record

/r - scan inside archives

/i - scan mail databases

/G - create log file

/N - scan all fixed drives

/p - prompt for action

You may enter bdc without any parameter to see any other options.

To make your life easier, you can try doing either a batch file, either a shortcut.

To create a batch file, open a text editor (Notepad), and paste the follwoing text in it:

@echo off
%systemdrive%
cd Program Files\Common Files\Softwin\BitDefender Scan Server
bdc /f /b /r /i /G /N /p
pause

Save it with .bat extension. To save it with "bat" extension, click on File -> Save as. Then, in the dialog, at Save as type combo, select All files. Then, enter the name, ex: bdc.bat.

To create a shortcut, right-click on a blank area, click New -> Shortcut. A dialog will appear. Click on browse, and then browse to the location where bdc is located. That should be:

Program files\Common files\Softwin\BitDefender Scan Server\bdc.exe, and add the following parameters next to it:

/f /b /r /i /G /N /p.

Then, click on "Next", and give a name to the shortcut. Click Finish.

Andrei

Comments

• Since version 2008 you can do a manual scan in safe mode thru this method: Start->Programs->BD->BitDefender Manual Scan.

This discussion has been closed.