Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Used Online Scanner Now Computer Keeps Restarting

Options

Hi, I'm new to this forum, and i'm not sure if I'm in the correct spot, so please point me in the right direction if I'm not.

I have AVG installed on my home computer and it kept informing me that I had a Trojan Horse Agent.ABKU. AVG kept saying it was white listed, and that it shouldn't be removed since it was coming up under winlogon.exe.

I restarted my computer up in safe mode and ran the online version of bitdender. I remember that it said it found 18 threats or infected files and so I'm assuming it automatically took care of them.. unfortunately, what has happened now is that my computer just keeps restarting. Even when I try accessing the advanced options menu to restart in safe mode, I am unable to.

I looked online and searched for what may have happened, and I fear that the winlogon.exe file was quarantined by bitdefender.. is this possible?

Can someone please help me fix my home computer?

Comments

• Hello nonotme2004,

We have sent you an email with the procedure that will help you overcome this situation.

Please reply back if you have any other questions.

Thank you.

• Hello nonotme2004,

We have sent you an email with the procedure that will help you overcome this situation.

Please reply back if you have any other questions.

Thank you.

Hi there, I am having the same restarting issue. I uninstalled CA Internet Suites, and installed Bitdefender and now my computer keeps restarting. Could you please send me the fix?

• Unknown
    edited September 2010
    Options

Hello Cnobleza,

What BitDefender product you installed ? What Operating System are you using ?

• Hello Cnobleza,

What BitDefender product you installed ? What Operating System are you using ?

Hi there,

I installed Bit Defender Anti-virus 2011, and I'm running Windows Vista Home Basic on a 32 bit operating system.

• rootkit
    Options

Hi

Sorry for the delayed reply.

You can always upgrade for free to Bitdefender 2012:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?act...f=226&id=42

Thank you.