Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bd 2010 And Windows 7

Options

Hi,

I am trying to connect 2 Windows 7 PCs with a Homegroup. All attempts have failed. Eventually the Windows trouble shooter said that I should set the BD Firewall to allow Homegroup to communicate. However Homegroup is not mentioned in the whitelist. I would be grateful if someone could advise me as to how i can achieve this.

Thanks

Robin

Comments

• Hello Robin,

Regarding your issues, please follow the steps below:

Open BitDefender - > from the top right corner go to Settings and choose Expert Mode - > go to the Firewall module.

From that location go to the Settings tab - > Advanced Settings - > Check 'Enable Internet Connection Sharing' and uncheck 'Block Port Scans'.

Then go on the Network tab - > at Trust Level choose 'Trusted Local' and at Stealth choose 'Off'.

Close BitDefender and check if the issue is solved.

Thank you.

• tierix
    Options

sorry I know this is an old message, but isn't putting the network trust level to "trusted allow all" dangerous? Doesn't it mean that none of the traffic will be monitored?

thnx