How Do I Stop Bdts 2010 From Deleting Files Without My Intervention

any time i run a scan or bitdefender scans my files it automatically deletes the so-called files without my consent if the files cannot be disinfected. i run the ui in expert mode and have set the actions for infected files as disinfect and move to quarantine respectively. however the problem still persists. is there no way of telling the antivirus to seek permission before acting on files if it cannot disinfect them as other antiviral programs do????

please help me.

i cant scan as it deletes some important clean files

Comments

• set all actions to "deny access and continue".

BD will not allow infected/suspected file to run/access but will leave it alone at the same time.

then you can decide yourself what to do with that file - delete or run BD contextual scan.

then if you still want to choose an action in contextual scan, set "take no action" in contextual scan properties.

then you'll be promted what to do with few options to choose.

this way you actually have full control on BD behavior on infected/suspected files.

hope it helps

• set all actions to "deny access and continue".

BD will not allow infected/suspected file to run/access but will leave it alone at the same time.

then you can decide yourself what to do with that file - delete or run BD contextual scan.

then if you still want to choose an action in contextual scan, set "take no action" in contextual scan properties.

then you'll be promted what to do with few options to choose.

this way you actually have full control on BD behavior on infected/suspected files.

hope it helps

thanks a million Viscon. on the whole i have been able to control bitdefender and it does not delete my files any longer. however in contextual scan when i tell it to disinfect the file it deletes it if it can not disinfect. why is it that bdts does not ask me for a second option if it cannot disinfect and is there a way to get it to either ask me for another option if disinfection fails such us to quarantine the file

• however in contextual scan when i tell it to disinfect the file it deletes it if it can not disinfect. why is it that bdts does not ask me for a second option if it cannot disinfect and is there a way to get it to either ask me for another option if disinfection fails such us to quarantine the file

this i don't know.

looks like it's a hardcoded action.