Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bdagent.exe “ Refused To Load And Crashed With The Multiple Loading Of The Agent Wizard.

Options
pcbugfixer
pcbugfixer ✭✭✭
edited February 2010 in Bitdefender 2010 products

I am having a major issue on system 4 XP Pro SP3 with BDTS 2010!

It started with BD Agent coming up with the Error Wizard and kept do so for 6+ times. Obviously I thought it was just a boot error and shutdown, ......... several times re-booting and the same occurred, i.e. the ’bdagent.exe“ refused to load and crashed with the multiple loading of the Agent Wizard.

Obviously sending in the suggested error log IS A WASTE OF TIME as I have never received a reply from the 100’s of reports I sent in. I do not know why they bother and I think this is only a marketing ploy to appease the customers.

I un-installed the BDTS2010 – re-booted, and then used the cleaning tool. – re-booted and attempted to re-install the BDTS2010, and the same thing happened, i.e. the “bdagent” failed to load and brought up the Agent Wizard with the same offer to report the issue, the wizard window popped up 7+ times this time and I sent a reply again from the 1st with a repetitive message telling them about the Wizard loading 7 times. (waste of effort!!)

I then un-installed the BDTS – cleaned out etc. – re-booted and tried the BDIS 2010 instead – This also failed causing the same errors!!

Subsequently as it made no difference, I un-installed BDIS 2010, re-booted, ran the BD clean-tool, re-booted and re-installed BDTS 2010.

The latest Wizard pop-ups no longer have the option box to re-start the bdagent ! this occurs on about every other boot.

I had sent this issue to BD Support on the 18th January 2010 and was told recently to be patient, which is a bit difficult when it is a Workstation that is in constant use and has not functioned with the BD email Antispam Toolbar not loading, which is yet another issue that has been inherent since BD 2008 releases with MS Outlook 2003 and 2007 versions and has something to do with the Trust Center interface where BD is not registered correctly in the Add-ins (COM Add-ins) and have this issue also on this system on which the bdagent refuses to load.

If someone on this forum has an answer for this problem, let me know asap - please.

pcbugfixer :ph34r:

Comments

• pcbugfixer
    Options

So after 216+ Wizard generated error reports, and the post here, we still don't have a fix !

pcbugfixer :ph34r: