Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Can't Access Virus Scan When In Advanced Mode

Options

BDIS 2009/Vista SP2

I have BD set to do a deep scan at the same time every evening. I noticed some time ago that every time it starts scanning the icon in my taskbar shows with that triangle over it. I checked it out once and it's warning that I've never done a scan. As soon as the scan finishes the triangle goes away so I haven't worried about it.

This morning I was going to do a manual scan. I opened the program (in advanced mode), clicked on Anti Virus and then on Virus Scan. Listed there are: System Tasks, User Tasks, Misc Tasks. They all show in bold lettering. I can't click on and expand any of them so I couldn't manually even select to run a scan. I switched to Basic Mode and then I could run the scan.

Can anyone help me with this? I am not prepared to install BDIS 2010 at this time because I've already gone through a nightmare with that. I just want to get the 2009 version running correctly.

Thank you.

Comments

• To solve this situation,you need to run the following patch:

http://www.bitdefender.com/files/Knowledge...ystem_32bit.exe

(if you have a 32 bit system)

http://www.bitdefender.com/files/Knowledge...ystem_64bit.exe

(if you have a 64 bit system)

At the end of this process please reboot your computer and then open BitDefender, go to Advanced View->Update and click on Update Now.

Cristi.

• I can now access my virus scan options in advanced mode, but just realized my scheduled scans haven't been running. That being the case, I'm not certain if that warning triangle still appears indicating that a scan has never been done. I am going to manually do a deep scan right now to check on that, but what can I do to make my scheduled scans run?

Thank you

• After running the patches,if you had any scheduled tasks you need to create them back.

• I already did that. It didn't make a difference.

• Schedule a test scan to start after 10 minutes and see exactly what happens.

• Schedule a test scan to start after 10 minutes and see exactly what happens.

I went into schedule and selected NO. Then I restarted. After restart I opened the Deep Scan Schedule again and it had reset itself to Periodically to the same schedule I previously had. It did not do an auto scan. I really would like to get this fixed. I depend on it running and have been forgetting to run it myself most of the time.

Your help to solve this would be greatly appreciated.

• I tried once more. I turned off scheduling, shut down BD, reopened it and reset scheduling to test and it did not open at run.

I had this problem once before, long ago, and someone helped me fix it. It seemed like I had to download something but I don't remember anymore.

• Nikilet
    edited April 2010
    Options

I discovered something today. At about 1:30 this morning (4-10) I again reset my scan schedule. This time I made certain to verify that I had set the start date at 4-10 -- and then set the time for 5 PM. I came to my computer around 5:30 PM tonight and no scan had started. I opened the schedule tab and sure enough -- the date had jumped to 4-11. So I changed that back to 4-10 and changed the time for 7 PM. I came to my computer at around 6:30 to check on the date and it still said 4-10 so I thought maybe the scan would start this time. I came back to the computer at 7:18 and it was not scanning, so I opened the schedule tab and the date had once again advanced itself to 4-11.

That is why it's not scanning. When it gets time to scan the date jumps ahead a day. Your patch solved the initial problem, but has caused another, as described. Does this give you some clue as to what has happened?

• I've just tested v2009 on my PC but I cannot reproduce this behavior. (this was on XP)

What you can try is to temporarily disable the User Account Control in Vista and check whether the situation persists.

Here's a small tutorial on how to do this:

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vis...-windows-vista/

• I've just tested v2009 on my PC but I cannot reproduce this behavior. (this was on XP)

What you can try is to temporarily disable the User Account Control in Vista and check whether the situation persists.

Here's a small tutorial on how to do this:

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vis...-windows-vista/

There's no sense in doing this because I am not going to operate with my UAC turned off. I used this for a long time without this problem. Surely, even assuming it would work, there has to be a better solution that disabling UAC. I guess I will try tech support and see if they have any recommendations (besides installing v 2010).

Thank you