Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Re-enabling Outlook 2007 Bd Add-in

Options

My system crashed while Outlook 2007 was running. When I rebooted and restarted Outlook, the toolbar was gone. In Outlook, I then went to Tools..Trust Center..Add-Ins...COM Add Ins and when I went clicked on the "Bit Defender Anti-Spam Toolbar" entry, I received a pop-up message "The connected state of Office Add-Ins registered in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE cannot be changed."

How do I resolve this problem to get the toolbar to display again?

Thanks.

Comments

• Unknown
    Options

Hello,

Please provide me with a screenshot of the error you receive along with the BitDefender product and version and the Operating System you are currently using.

Looking forward to your answer!

Regards,

• Hello,

Please provide me with a screenshot of the error you receive along with the BitDefender product and version and the Operating System you are currently using.

Regards,

Hi, thanks for the reply. See attached. My OS is Vista Ultimate Service Pack 2.

• Unknown
    Options

Hello,

Please save THIS tool on your computer. Unpack it then run the bdo.bat file.

Restart the computer and let me know if the issue still persist.

Regards,

• Hello,

Please save THIS tool on your computer. Unpack it then run the bdo.bat file.

Restart the computer and let me know if the issue still persist.

Regards,

I am sorry. I cannot trust anything that is not from Bit Defender directly.

• Oracle
    Options

I have Windows XP. Since the latest Windows update, I cannot run most Microsoft products, but especially outlook without placing BD in 'Game mode'. It comes up with a pop up 'Send error to Microsoft' and another that asked to open Outlook in safe mode. If "games Mode' isn't selected, no matter what choice you make, it loops between the error message and request to open in safe. Sometimes Outlook opens with a blank page.

In Task manager> processes, (when not in game mode) Outlook.exe runs and appears a number of times.

Under Antivirus>Shield>Advance Settings I have excluded all .exe files from the office12 folder in Microsoft Office. That hasn't achieved anything.

Any help, please?

• Unknown
    Options
    I am sorry. I cannot trust anything that is not from Bit Defender directly.

That tool was written by me and uploaded on that website for you to easily download it. Considering the above please type the following commands to resolve the issue you are facing:

1. Click Start -> Run (or type directly in the Search box for Windows Vista and 7)

2. Type "cmd" and hit Enter

3. Type the following commands one after another:

regsvr32 -u "%ProgramFiles%\BitDefender\BitDefender 2010\bdo.dll"

regsvr32 "%ProgramFiles%\BitDefender\BitDefender 2010\bdo.dll"

Note: If you have an operating system on 64 bits and you installed Outlook 2010 64 bit

version the commands will be:

regsvr32 -u "%ProgramFiles%\BitDefender\BitDefender 2010\Antispam32\bdo.dll"

regsvr32 "%ProgramFiles%\BitDefender\BitDefender 2010\Antispam32\bdo.dll"

Note2: In the above commands we assume that BitDefender is installed in the default location. If this is not the case then you should change the command accordingly.

4. Restart the computer, open Outlook and check if the issue persists.

The tool that I have provided you with was executing all the commands above.

Kind regards,

• Unknown
    Options

Hi Oracle,

Please tell me the name of the Microsoft update that you are referring to. Also mention what version of Outlook are you using and a screenshot of the 'Send error to Microsoft' pop-up.

In order to troubleshoot the issue you are encountering we would like you to follow the steps below:

1. Click on Start and then choose My Computer/Computer.

2. Browse to

C:\Program Files\BitDefender\BitDefender 2010

- considering that BitDefender was installed on the default C partition

3. Doubleclick on the supporttool.exe file - if you are using Vista or Windows 7, rightclick on the supporttool application file and select Run as Administrator

4. Click on Next, wait a few minutes for the progress bar to complete and then click on Finish

5. Upload the results of the supporttool HERE then send me a PM (private message) with the download link.

• Oracle
    Options

DanyDan,

Thanks for your reply. The circumstances have changed. Game Mode keeps 'flickering' on and off even though I have disabled it. There is no point me trying to take a screen shot because it changes so fast I cannot capture it.

The Microsoft update I was referring to was the lastest security update and updates for Microsoft Office including Microsoft Visio. The version of Office I am running is 2007.

At present I caanot send you the Microsoft error message because the intermittent flickering of game mode prevents me from doing this. But it is the standard error report pop up asking you if you want to send an error report to Microsoft.

Sending you a PM with that download link.

Cheers

Oracle

• Oracle
    Options

Ok the latest BD big update that required restarting has resolved the issue.

Alleluia!

Thanks again

• Oracle
    Options

Opps sorry, I was wrong. New day, the issue has returned. Disregard my previous post. :(

• Oracle
    Options

I have to seriously question how this forum works. what is the point of uploading files, sending Pms and posting here if I don't get some response, even a courtesy to say the problem is being examined.

• @Oracle: The reason why I haven't answer you until now was because I was waiting for the answer from the testing team and the results of the analysis for the logs you sent.

I noticed you have application to clean / control Windows Registry/data (CCleaner, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, Advanced SystemCare, Eraser and KeyScrambler). The error you received about the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE was due to the fact that one of these s/w didn't allow the registry key for BitDefender Antispam toolbar to be updated so it's normal for the toolbar not to be loaded.

It's highly recommended not to use all these software, it's a very slight chance not having issues with one or more of these software if all are running in the same time, including BitDefender Total Security.

Regarding the Game Mode issue follow the steps below and let me know if the issue persist:

1. Open BitDefender and switch it to Expert Mode

2. Go to Game/Laptop Mode module

3. Click on Manage Games and see if it's not added as a game into the list. If so please remove it.

4. Restart the computer in Safe Mode and locate the file gamemodeal.dll. Its default location should be:

C:\Program Files\BitDefender\BitDefender 2010

5. Rename the file into gamemodeal.old and restart the computer in Normal mode.

6. Test to see if the issue still occur.

7. Provide me with any information you may find useful, reproduce the steps you take until the issue occur along with a fresh new SupportTool uploaded HERE

Regards,

• Hi DanyDan,

Thank you for your reply.

The solution you suggested worked a treat and the problem is resolved. Many thanks to you and your team for your assistance.

Just a few words in reply to your comments:

In another post where I expressed some criticism, you stated:

The reason why I haven't answer your topic so far is because I needed to wait for the analysis to be complete and get an answer from my colleagues on the testing team. As you provided me with so few information, the process took longer

In response, to the best of my knowledge, I provided you with all the information you requested and uploaded as per your request so I do not understand what other information you required from me.

Secondly, I had 'PMed' you on occasions asking for the progress of my enquiry. If the analysis was taking considerable time as you stated, all you needed to do was post or 'pmed' a courtesy message indicating that investigations were continuing and that I needed to wait patiently. From my perspective, having considerable time pass and no response, seeing the thread that I posted regress to the third page without comment and no response from my PM provided the impression that there would be no response to my problem. I have posted and PMed to other moderators/BitDefender technical suppport on this site and have been ignored, so you can imagine my frustration when I thought this was happening again. Whilst I value the potential of the BitDefender TS when it works, in the past three years I have had more problems then success, which has my BitDefender experience disappointing.

Thirdly, I had to add paid versions of other products like ASC and MalwareBytes because BitDefender was insufficient in preventing Malware and spyware on my PC.

Fourthly, my brother has the same programs running on his PC as I do; yet, he rarely has any trouble with the BitDefender product. I cannot understand why BitDefender operates differently on my PC when others run the same programs as I do but with little or no trouble? It doesn't make sense. I also don't understand why BitDefender clashes with so may other programs which rarely occurs with other Total Security products on the market.

My Bitdefender licence expires in 21 days and it is most likely I wont renew because of the constant problems I have had with the product.

I wish you and all your customers the very best. Cheers!

• Hello,

Glad to see that the resolution proposed worked like a charm. Please check your PM and provide me with the requested information.

I totally understand your frustration due to the lack of response from me or my colleagues on the forum / PM. Regarding the fact that you encounter certain issues with BitDefender and your brother doesn't, I do believe that it's all hardware related issue. In other words, your computer is having a driver / software installed that your brother is not having/using.

Truly yours,

• Hi Danny

Thanks for your reply. Just to clarify, are you saying the hardware drivers are causing this? Regarding software, my brother and I use the same software except for printers. The only other diference is our motherboard.

I did check my PMs before I posted here and I provided the information as requested.

Cheers

:)

• I can't believe this- the problem has returned again :o

• Just a word of thanks to DanyDan for his latest assistance and kind gesture. In previous posts I have express my criticism over the Bitdefender product, but I must in fairness, also say in the last few days, the response and assistance has been helpful, so.. credit when credit is due... thanks :)