Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Firewall Constantly Asks About Conhost.exe

Options

Hi,

I've been using Bitdefender 2010 for quite sometime. Everything ok so far.

Recently with every boot up the Bitdefender firewall is saying that conhost.exe is trying to contact to address balinova.host-ed.net. Checked that address and obviously seems to offer hosting etc. At one point I was fed up that the firewall was asking that even if I had declined it several times. So I allowed it, (yeah I know, doesn't sound like a good plan) but nothing really happens, nothing that I could see anyhow.

I checked with google that this conhost.exe seems to be a legitimate .exe in vista / 7 and wherever other systems it might be in. Also it's supposed to be in system32 folder I understood. But in my case it is under this weird folder c:\users\*username*\Appdata\Local\Temp\IXP000.tmp.

So I'm wondering, do I have problem and what to do? I couldn't find the conhost.exe at all in system32 folder? And also still everytime the firewall asks to allow or block conhost.exe and it says it has checked and no threats detected. Also I have run the virusscan for the folder -->no problems and Malwarebyte's Anti-Ware and that didn't detect anything. So if it is not a problem how to get the firewall shut up about it?

Anyone have any experience on this? Would be much appreciated, thanks!

A