Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Vsserv.exe Crashing? Is Their A Fix?

Options

Ok...I am not sure what to do now... I spoke to a Tech on the phone and he suggested going back to the 2009 version or buy more ram for my laptop? He suggested at least 1GB of ram. I am running WINXP 64bit. I am so frustrated and so ready to find another virus program and take a loss....

Have any of you actually resolved this issue?

Kind Regards

J

Comments

• I spoke to a Tech on the phone and he suggested going back to the 2009 version or buy more ram for my laptop? He suggested at least 1GB of ram. I am running WINXP 64bit. Have any of you actually resolved this issue?

Hi me43,

You say you have a laptop. An old one? new laptop have been sold with Seven, not XP.

What do you mean with 1 GB of ram? 1 extra GB?

I have been using 2 GB whatever XP Home or XP Pro 32 bits for a long time now.

Many people consider 1 GB is a minimum.

Bitdefender does not take lots of memory in my task manager as well, your computer is maybe a bit old now if it is full of programs?

Laptops are usually sold with other antimalware products (Norton or else).

We should have only:

one firewall

one antivirus

one antispyware

If you have other protection soft, deinstall them completely (you can check it with CCleaner, to be used with caution, but it can suppress parts of old software that are kept in the system)

It is necessary to deactivate Windows firewall to install BD firewall. Not to forget.

Concerning BD problems, download BD soft on the official server - you keep your activation code on a notebook - cut internet line, deinstall BD and install the one you downloaded, and launch an update.

Regards

:)

L.

• Hi me43,

You say you have a laptop. An old one? new laptop have been sold with Seven, not XP.

What do you mean with 1 GB of ram? 1 extra GB?

I have been using 2 GB whatever XP Home or XP Pro 32 bits for a long time now.

Many people consider 1 GB is a minimum.

Bitdefender does not take lots of memory in my task manager as well, your computer is maybe a bit old now if it is full of programs?

Laptops are usually sold with other antimalware products (Norton or else).

We should have only:

one firewall

one antivirus

one antispyware

If you have other protection soft, deinstall them completely (you can check it with CCleaner, to be used with caution, but it can suppress parts of old software that are kept in the system)

It is necessary to deactivate Windows firewall to install BD firewall. Not to forget.

Concerning BD problems, download BD soft on the official server - you keep your activation code on a notebook - cut internet line, deinstall BD and install the one you downloaded, and launch an update.

Regards

:)

L.

Hi thanks for responding, I took Norton out when we first got the notebook 7years ago. We installed Kasperski and had no problems with that virus checker. We made sure all traces of that program were gone as we use jv16 power tools 2010. We have only 896 MB of ram so the tech wanted me to add up to at least 1GB. I will try your suggestions and see what happens...I bought BD online and downloaded it, so i dont have a hard copy...

Kindest Regards