Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Move To Quarantine Removes Entire Inboxes/invisible Email

Options

Hello,

Some time ago Bit Defender found a virus in one of my emails. I chose to Move to Quarantine. Good thing I did because I would have lost my entire email inbox had I not done so and not been able to move it back. After I restored my inbox I've been choosing Ignore since then. Obviously I want to remove the bad email and the program tells me to delete it manually but the problem is that I cannot find it anywhere. It's not visible to me in my inbox and that includes having done multiple searches of all inboxes and other folders including subfolders.

Now there are 5 of these infected files and I'm sick to death of the msgs coming up and no way to find them in order to delete them. If I choose Quarantine but to NOT move the associated files along with it, my drop down selection goes back to "Choose an Action." I'm afraid to choose Delete for fear all my emails will be gone permanently.

I like Bit Defender but surely there has to be a way to find these invisible infected files without fear of losing ALL my email and having to spend hours trying to find an invisible infected email without success. I've done searches by subject, by sender, by date, by whatever I can think of to find these infected emails. The log files give me numbers like "message 4440" as being the infected email but my email program doesn't give me an option to find emails like this.

I've spent countless hours that I cannot afford to spend messing with this trying to figure it out and get rid of these files with no luck. I cannot continue to do this and if there isn't an easy way to get rid of the infected emails I'm going to have to switch protection programs because this is nuts. It's ridiculous that the Move to Quarantine takes my entire inbox instead of just the infected emails.

I use Thunderbird email and if I sound desperate, I am. Am I doing something wrong? How can I fix this problem?