Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Does Bitdefender Do Its Job Without My Input?

Options

Hello all.

just installed BD. As the userguide mentions, there's a lot of popups in the early stages. suggests that after a while these settle down once it learns which are the trusted websites and programs.

in the meantime, i see a lot of popups, of the type, "process X wants to modify your registry. Should it be allowed" or "cookie x or ****** x wants to run, should it be allowed?"

here's my question: HOW THE ###### DO I KNOW???

OK, if photoshop wants to initiate a process, i say sure, photoshop is safe. why even bother asking me?

If a trusted website wants to set a cookie, well, i guess, why bother asking me?

If an unknown website or a program i'm thinking of installing wants to set a cookie or run a ******, WELL, BLOODY WELL TELL ME, IS THE COOKIE or the ****** SAFE OR NOT? If it's malware, block it; if it's benign, let it pass. Don't bloody well ask me, i don't bloody well know. That's what i pay you for.

So is there some setting that does that? i.e. if the thing is known malware, block it; otherwise let it pass, or at least warn me. I'm depending on the antivirus / antispyware for that decision, cuz i haven't a clue.

I see that there are three user settings - novice to expert; and under expert, several levels of aggressiveness. i'm not clear that any of these address my question above.

Could someone set me clear on this subject?? otherwise, i'm going back to AVG, even if its heuristics are inferior, because i know it's doing its job without asking for my non-existent judgment.

regards