Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Unable To Connect To Thinkorswim Data Server.

Options

Hi, I've been told by Thinkroswim.com trading company that BItdefender is blocking their server and that is the reason I can see any Prophet chart in their software. I've already set the firewall to allow all connection from thinkorswim. I can access to thinkorswim charting program prophet, its saying error Unable to connect to data server. Here's a thing other part of the software are all functioning very well. Please help me. thank you.

Comments

• alexcrist
    Options

Hello melisatan,

Could you tell me is the problem persists even if you completely disable the firewall?

Also, what BitDefender product are you using, and what operating system?

Cris.

• melisatan11
    edited August 2010
    Options

Yes, the problem still persists even after I turn off the firewall. I'm using Bitdefender total protection 2010 and I'm on windows vista.

• alexcrist
    alexcrist
    edited August 2010
    Options

Please open BitDefender and disable all the following modules:

- Antiviurus -> Shield -> Custom level: disable HTTP Scan, and IM scan (both Yahoo and WLM)

- Parental Control (disable for the current user)

- Privacy Control: disable all modules

Then please test if the problem persists and post back the result.

Cris.

• Chris,

I have the same issue. In the past, I have solved it by disabling scan HTTP, yahoo messenger and WLM as you suggested.

However, when I renewed my license, I inadvertently updated to 2011, and these steps still block the TOS server in that version.

Firewall is off, running XP Pro, I unchecked all boxes in all functions in BD, but it's still blocking TOS, which uses Java.

Not sure where parental control is.

The simplest solution may be to revert to 2010, how do I download that version?

Thanks for your help,

Tom

• Hello....

Is anyone here who can help?

thanks