Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

False Positives Using Bitdefender Oline Scanner, I Need To Restore Them Please Help

Options

Hi,

BitDefender is too heavy on the false positive side. It deleted files that are crucial to ongoing projects. What is laughable is that some were Microsoft files and are from Microsoft itself. None of the files BitDefender claimed to be viruses were viruses (origins are known and files have been scanned previously).

Now - it is going to take hours, days and more to recover these items from other sources.

I agree with a previous poster 1) the ability to undo what BitDefender has destroyed is essential 2) place the notice in the beginning and not just before the scan hidden in tiny print.

This is an application I will NOT be recommending to my clients any time soon. It would cause too many problems at this juncture in time.

Thank you for all you do.

Daphne

Comments

• Niels
    Options

Hello daphne

Before you start the scanner you see this warning: Warning If the disinfection fails, the infected files will be deleted without prompt. To change this and other settings, click here. Please use these options with care. So that isn't at the end of the scan. You can uncheck heuristic detection what could produce false positivs. BitDefender doesn't produce that many false positivs. When you enable heuristics the chance that legit files are being detected can happen but that is also by other antiviruses.

You can change the second option to prompt user for protection. BitDefender online scan doesn't have a quarantaine feature. There are legit tools that can be misused so that could be the reason why BitDefender online scan detected it. That are the so called risk tools.

Best regards

Niels