Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Need Help Please...computer Is Extremely Slow

Options

I installed BitDefender in May. I had Window Live Onecare before that with absolutely no problems. Since installation of BitDefender, my computer is slow, and has considerably gotten slower the past month, to where sometimes impossible to even do anything. I took it (computer in) to my computer guy, and he told me to "Not get BitDefender again", that that was my problem.

Some of the issues I am dealing with:

Everything is slow. Internet, Email, everything.

Windows Security Alert: Malware Protection-Virus Protection might be out of date, when hit "update now" will not update.

Windows Mail very slow. Constantly stops working.

BitDefender- at least 4 to 5 times per week will go

off-then have to restart computer.

Under Windows Security Center-Says BitDefender Antisyware out of date-hit update--does nothing. Windows Defender on.

I called BitDefender, explained everything to them. They took me through some steps, changed some settings. Told me to do a deep system scan then restart computer. I did it all, and no change.

I am so disgusted with the whole mess. I ran Windows Live One Care for 2 years with absolutely no problems at all. BitDefender constantly shuts off, my computer is a turtle crawl, and I did not get any resolution calling them. After spending 3 1/2 hours doing a deep scan and restarting the computer. Results are the same......slow slow.

My computer guy checked some things out, and said it had to do with the virus protection.

Any suggestions? I thought about removing it, and installing AVG or some other free one to see what happens then. I am average when it comes to the computer, but this one I can't figure out.

Thanks

Comments

• Unknown
    edited September 2010
    Options

Hello Marie,

Be kindly informed that it is not recommended to use multiple security solutions on the same computer. You mentioned two different software besides BitDefender: Windows One Care and Windows Defender.

You will need to:

- uninstall Windows OneCare from Add/Remove Programs in Windows Control Panel

- restart the PC

- disable Windows Defender

- uninstall BitDefender

In order to remove BitDefender follow the steps below:

- save THIS tool

- open it and click on the 'Uninstall' button

- wait to be asked to restart the PC

- after restart follow the note below

NOTE: to check and see if any files are still present after the uninstall please run a system clean-up using a Windows registry cleaner (i.e. CCleaner) then restart the PC again. You can download it HERE

Next follow the steps presented in THIS ARTICLE and upgrade to our latest version, BitDefender 2011.

Regards,

• I was using Bitdefender antivirus and upgraded to Internet Security 2010. after a scan my computer is very slow and glitchy. I have to reboot for it to work right. any solutions?

• I was using Bitdefender antivirus and upgraded to Internet Security 2010. after a scan my computer is very slow and glitchy. I have to reboot for it to work right. any solutions?

Hi Ed & Sue,

What do you mean you have to reboot for it to work right, you mean it runs smoothly now? Or you still have the problem?

1) Give some more information on your system. is the computer old?

2) Check among numerous messages... example: we should have:

1 firewall and only one.

1 antivirus and only one.

Which firewall did you have when you had BD antivirus?

If you bought and install BD IS 2010, you should deinstall any other antimalware software. These soft could create issues and loopholes in the security.

And probably the old Bitdefender version...

Desinstall every software you will not use in a few months (keep the soft and activation details of course) and deactivate every soft (through msconfig) you do not use every day

Your system will run quite fast probably.

use some cleaning soft (such as CCleaner) with caution.

It's difficult to answer straight away when we have too few details.

BD is probably heavier with the years, others softwares too...

Do you suspect a malware? virus? you could use the english version of my link below:

bitdefender scan online

It's probably somewhere on the UK server... in the knowledge base.

BD knowledge base

Have a good search...

:)

L.