Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Question About Ram Use By Vsserv.exe

Options

Hi. I have 2 questions.

1. when I check Resource Monitor in Windows (7 Ultimate, 64 bit), I see that Vsserv.exe has about 115,000 KB under Commit. Is this a normal amount? I just want to be sure because that's the highest one recorded in the list, which makes me wonder if it is bigger than it is supposed to be.

2. I do a lot of encoding/conversion of video files, some of which may be as big as 4GB in size. While I am converting a video file, I think BD is working hard to keep scanning the newly created file in progress all the while, which causes a lot of slowdown. Is there a workaround for this? Please let me know. Thank you.

GT

Comments

• Hello,

Yes there is a workaround. You can exclude the path where you save your work so it will not be scanned by BitDefender. Considering that you are working with a video file I would say that it's safe to do it without any risk involved. Furthermore I would also recommend you to upgrade and use our latest version, BitDefender 2011. You can read all the information on how to correctly upgrade HERE

Regards,