Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender Total Security 2010 Defragment

Options

Hi all,

I am running bitdefender total security 2010 on my laptop. I have a question. I run bitdefender total security 2010 defragment on my laptop, but it is taking too long so I cancel it but it is also taking a long time to cancel, therefore I shut down my laptop while the canceling screen is still there. I would like to know would I lose any data or damage my laptop??

Comments

• Hi all,

I am running bitdefender total security 2010 on my laptop. I have a question. I run bitdefender total security 2010 defragment on my laptop, but it is taking too long so I cancel it but it is also taking a long time to cancel, therefore I shut down my laptop while the canceling screen is still there. I would like to know would I lose any data or damage my laptop??

Hi hoouyoul,

Yes, it won't do any good to your system to shut it down while it works. You will lose the info you did not save. Besides, Windows will probably have some bad files somewhere... well that kind of problem happens sometimes...

Check first why your defrag is so long.

(indeed, I only have BD IS 2010, I do not have this gimmick (BD defrag) on mine... ^_^ )

Please, in the future, give as many details as you can on your system, it will help BD support.

What do you have? XP? Vista? Seven? else? processor? memory?

I only have XP so... I can't answer for other systems.

Your laptop is maybe old? Lack of memory? Softwares are resources consumers...

Whatever the cleaning, if the computer is old... there's hardly anything to do, as far as we do not suspect material such as a failing memory bar that hampered the system.

We do not need to defrag very often whatever with windows, OOdefrag, defraggler or else, but the system needs to have 15% free space to do it.

I suggest:

1) Check if you have another antimalware product on the laptop (laptop are usually sold with lots of soft more or less useful and antimalware soft) and suppress it. We should have only 1 firewall, 1 antivirus)

2) Deinstall every softwares you will not use in the next two months ( keep activation codes, of course)

3) deactivate every soft you will not use in the next few days or weeks (through msconfig)

Your computer should start and run faster.

4) Concerning BD, deactivate any option you do not use (such as parental control...)

Good cleaning and checking,

:)

L.