Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender 2010 Cache

Options

Hi all. I ran a disk clean up and it said that I had temporary internet file consisting of 34.4 kb, so I chose to delete it. After deletion I ran it again and it was still there. I found a path name that points to a file that consists of the same kb, and it cannot be deleted.

The main directory belongs to BitDefender, here is the full path: c:\Program Files\Bit Defender\Bit Defender 2010\dashboard.dll\JS\#2003. File properties say that its Cache name is JS[1]

Can anyone explain what this is, why is it showing up as a temporary internet file, and why cant I deleted this cache?

Comments

• Hello,

Do you have the Security Center open when you try to delete that file ? It's a cache file that is associated with the BitDefender GUI. It is not a critical file to be deleted and it will delete with each computer restart automatically.

Furthermore I would strongly recommend you to upgrade and use our latest version, BitDefender 2011. Instructions on how to correctly upgrade can be found HERE.

If you have any further queries after upgrade please create a topic on the 2011 forum category.

Kind regards,