Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender Internet Security 2011 Problems With Windows 7 64 Bits

Options
2»

Comments

• Unknown
    edited October 2010
    Options

Hello,

ETA - estimated time arrival

Please check your Free email account. Send me the requested info so we can further investigate. Your ticket ID is: 201009221009236

I believe that the two issues are not related as the 2010 version have as requirements the C++ 2005 packages and the 2011 version needs the 2008 C++ redist but rather a Windows issues. Do you had the same OS installed when you reported the issue in the first place ?

Do I need to reformat my hard disk drive c: and reinstall Windows 7 64 bits to solve my problem?

No, at least not yet. Allow to continue troubleshooting otherwise we will never be able to find an answer and a resolution to the issue you encounter.

• Hello,

ETA - estimated time arrival

Please check your Free email account. Send me the requested info so we can further investigate. Your ticket ID is: 201009221009236

I believe that the two issues are not related as the 2010 version have as requirements the C++ 2005 packages and the 2011 version needs the 2008 C++ redist but rather a Windows issues. Do you had the same OS installed when you reported the issue in the first place ?

Hello,

Yes, it is the same OS Windows 7 64 bits and the same computer.

What is the requested info?

• Do you use a custom OS kit ? Type in RUN command winver and press Enter. A window will open. Tell me the version and build.

Mind creating a new SupportTool / Sysdump and send it via PM ?

Thanks!

Regards,

• Do you use a custom OS kit ? Type in RUN command winver and press Enter. A window will open. Tell me the version and build.

Thanks!

Regards,

Hello,

I use Windows 7 64 bits OEM. Microsoft Windows 7 Familial Edition Premium version 6.1 (number 7600).

I will send a new SupportTool / Sysdump and send it via PM.

Regards,

Roberto78.

Thanks!

Regards,

Hello,

The PM is sent. :D

Thanks.

Regards,

Roberto78.

• Unknown
    edited October 2010
    Options

Got it.

However I do believe that you are doing something not quite OK. Look what I see in the logs you sent:

- Visual C++ 2008 x86 Runtime - v9.0.30729.01

- Visual C++ 2008 x86 Runtime - (v9.0.30729)

- Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable - x86 9.0.30729.17

- Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable - x86 9.0.30729.4148

- Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 x86 Redistributable - 10.0.30319

Conclusion: You are using a x64 architecture and no redistributable installed for x64. I still believe we need to start the remote. Please provide me with the ID and password as requested in email and PM.

• Got it.

However I do believe that you are doing something not quite OK. Look what I see in the logs you sent:

- Visual C++ 2008 x86 Runtime - v9.0.30729.01

- Visual C++ 2008 x86 Runtime - (v9.0.30729)

- Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable - x86 9.0.30729.17

- Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable - x86 9.0.30729.4148

- Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 x86 Redistributable - 10.0.30319

Conclusion: You are using a x64 architecture and no redistributable installed for x64. I still believe we need to start the remote. Please provide me with the ID and password as requested in email and PM.

Hello,

The PM is sent with the Teamviewer ID and password.

Regards,

Roberto78.

• The ID is not the correct one. I get an error "The TeamViewer ID xxxxxxxxx you have entered does not exist". Please double check it and send me the info again, if possible via both email and PM.

Thanks!

• The ID is not the correct one. I get an error "The TeamViewer ID xxxxxxxxx you have entered does not exist". Please double check it and send me the info again, if possible via both email and PM.

Thanks!

Sorry,

I send you by PM the correct TeamViewer ID.

Regards,

Roberto78.

• Hello DanyDan,

You solved my problem with the remote control.

Please, what did you do?

Thanks you so much again. :D

Best Regards,

Roberto78.

• Hello DanyDan,

You used CCleaner to clean the registry and clean corrupted registry keys (more than 600 errors).

Thanks for your help. :D

And thanks too for 30 days extension of my license key.

Furthermore, what have you done other?

Best regards,

Roberto78.

• Hi again Roberto,

I have removed all the other traces of the 4 security solutions you had installed or not properly uninstalled except BitDefender. Removed all C++ Redistributable from 2005 to 2010 then re-installed BitDefender.

Regards,

• I am having the exact same problem. It's been several weeks of uninstalling and reinstalling with negative results. The program just quits working several times a day. I'm at the point that I just want my money back for a program that never worked. Tech takes about a week to respond to each different email. snail mail is faster. I keep sending info and hear nothing back. Is there a solution to this problem? What program will work with win 7 64bit? Help.....
  • I've read all the post of these users and I am having the exact same problems. I want my money back for this product. It's total trash. I worked for a crappy software company one time and it sucked. Good luck bit-defender! May the force be with you; you'll need it.

• Hello matseas,

I understand that your experience with the BitDefender software hasn't been the greatest and I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience created.

However you should know that even if you have read all the posts this doesn't mean we cannot help you with the issue you are dealing with. Moreover, even if you're upset, I think we can keep this conversation into a polite manner and without insults.

Here you can find our refund policy.

I have created a Ticket for you (201102021031341) and you will receive a reply from the Customer Service Team in the shortest time possible.

Should you need further assistance please let me know.

Thank you,

Carmen