Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Wow Blocked [resolved]

Options

Hi

my bitdefender blocking world of warcraft to download new patch

i open my windows in safe mod with networking and it started downloading

there is no other program that be able to block

Comments

• csalgau
    Options

I'm not exactly sure what you meant.

Are you unable to download the patch under safe mode?

Or is it blocked in normal mode and you can in safe mode?

How is it blocked? What message/error are you getting?

What are you using to download it?

Where are you downloading it from?

• When i start world of warcraft launcher it tries to download new patch from server, it uses a torrent engine. But i am always getting "cannot connect to tracker" and download cannot start.

When i boot from safe mode with networking and start wow launcher, everything is ok and download begins.

It looks like bitdefender blocking wow to download the update somehow. I checked firewall settings, turned it off, turned the antivirus off but it does not download. In older topics i saw some similar issues that bitdefender blocked wow updates in last year, so it might be same problem.

• csalgau
    Options

Looking over the previous issues you mentioned, they're related to false positives on the patch files. What you are describing is an inability to access some specific servers without BitDefender actually filtering traffic.

I can't be sure if the problems stems from not being able to download the associated torrent files or just connecting to the announcer. Announce traffic should be passing correctly trough all BitDefender components, but if the .torrent files are hosted on a broken web-server, some problems may occur even with BitDefender disabled.

A colleague pointed me to http://a.wirebrain.de/wow/. It hosts both (some of?) the patches and .torrent files using the official tracker that the launcher uses. While I will not vouch for their safety, I'd like to ask you to download one of the .torrent files and see if a torrent client is able to contact the trackers and post back your results.

• Thank you for explanations. I find out that bit defender is not responsible for blocking wow. Another program which was trial has ended and somehow blocked the wow. I unistalled that and the problem solved. Thanks.

• Glad you were able to resolve your problem. :) Thanks for posting.

Issue resolved, topic closed.

This discussion has been closed.