Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Antamedia Internet Caffe

Options

Good day to everyone,

We are having trouble using bitdefender internet Security 2010 as well as bitdefender antivirus 2010 with the software Antamedia Internet Caffe.

Prior to installing this software along with the bitdefender products on a clients Internet Caffe at his shop, we had a test bench going that consists of the main server along with four clients which was working and running no problem at all. The clients picked up the server and commands issued by the server are recieved by the clients.

Now the problem we are having now is that, with bitdefender Internet Security as well as bitdefender antivirus (2010) it is now blocking the following files:

client.exe (the main interface to the software)

watchdll.dll (the dll that is tasked to monitor the network for the server)

I have added exclusions in the expert mode option to the entire directory and to the actual exe but it ignores that and continues to block it.

After bootup the clients are able to connect to the server but after about five minutes when bitdefender loads up it shuts down the network between the clients and the server. On our bench at the moment i have set up the exact setup at our customers shop and we are now experiencing the same issue, i have just uninstalled bitdefender and the internet caffe software is now running as it should. Our network is setup perfectly and we have no issues with the network itself leaving the bitdefender software in question.

So any advice or support on this?

We are based in south africa and the bitdefender company this doesnt give us any direct support number or email that we can contact.

Thanks in advanced.

Shane

Comments

• Shane - I found the Antamedia website easily enough, but could you please post a download link for the specific software product you are having problems with. BD tech support will probably have to download and install it in order to test and we need to make sure they get the right program and version.

Also, have you tried using the current 2011 release of BD? That will probably be the first thing tech support will ask you to try as this is the release the developers are actively maintaining. You can upgrade for free if you have a valid license and the PC hardware meets the minimum system requirements. You can read more about the upgrade HERE.

Regards,

• Shane - I found the Antamedia website easily enough, but could you please post a download link for the specific software product you are having problems with. BD tech support will probably have to download and install it in order to test and we need to make sure they get the right program and version.

Also, have you tried using the current 2011 release of BD? That will probably be the first thing tech support will ask you to try as this is the release the developers are actively maintaining. You can upgrade for free if you have a valid license and the PC hardware meets the minimum system requirements. You can read more about the upgrade HERE.

Regards,

alright thanks nikki i will give the new version i try we also going to try and see what we can do with the firewall thats in bitdefender and see what we can do there. Unfortunately the antamedia internet caffe software is a licensed software to our customer to which he ordered and purchased so a download link for the software to test is a bit of a mission but if there is a trial or some sort will post it up here ^_^ but will try out that upgrade now thanks a bunch

• Hopefully, the BD 2011 version will resolve your issue. If not, feel free to open a new topic in the 2011 forum.

Topic closed.

Regards,

This discussion has been closed.